$2 NLHE 6-max: Folding Full House on River

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was not really keen to get too involved here multi way with the underpair, then rivered a full house.

Folded to the shove as it just looked like villain (12/8 over 27 hands) slow played a monster to me. Just too bonkers to be doing that with anything besides AJ, AA or JJ. Seems a bonkers move with a flush that made it on the river, but of course this is 2NL....

What would you do?

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 21.5 BB
SB: 136 BB
BB: 127 BB
UTG: 119.5 BB
Hero (MP): 458.5 BB
CO: 122 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7:spade: 7:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (10 BB, 3 players) A:club: J:club: 3:heart:
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (10 BB, 3 players) J:spade:
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (10 BB, 3 players) 7:club:
SB bets 133 BB and is all-in, fold, fold

SB wins 9.5 BB

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest I think I would call this river. If the villain slow played AA or JJ I'm happy for him, but I can't take a sample of just 27 hands seriously for fold an FH. We still beat the last scale of FH at 3-3, which is more likely in the defensive range of SB. Also when we use x / x on the flop / turn, our range feels super mixed. It seems that any overbet unbalances us, because we have chosen not to protect any of our hands, despite being a 3W pot.
This is a special case where the villain knows how to deny equity to players, despite being 2NL level.
Possibly the most realistic hands that defeat us are J7 and AJ. The rest we have beaten OTR, so the call cannot be based on fairness because we will never have it with a size of 13x, but on a 100% range decision.
Greetings.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not have taken too much time to call this bet. I could be wrong but I dont think the villain would check two streets with the hands that beat us here. Im taking away AA since they probably 3 bet pre and they would not sit on a set knowing there are two clubs out there that one of their two opponents could be drawing to. Same can be said about JJ although some villains might only flat there at $2 NL with JJ but they arent checking two streets . J7 seems like it could be logical but I doubt they are calling pre with this hand and also doubt they dont bet the turn after making trips again with the flush draw out there and now also possible straight combos could hit the river. AJ could be there but again, maybe looking to check raise so they check the flop? I dont know, I think they could still lead out here (I do think though if you are beat, this is the most likely hand villain could have). Imo, the villain just checked their way to the river hoping everyone else would as well with two clubs. They hit their flush so they bombed it which I dont agree with for a few reasons but people do this stuff at $2 NL. Again, I would call thinking villain has the flush many many more times than they have JJ or J7.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree in large part with guys. I think that on nl2 there are many beginner players and many players on nl2 can play here like this not only with full house. I understand what hero think in this situation. If opponent has a better full house, yes it hurts a lot, but it happens sometimes. That is poker. I think that we can risk on the river and call this huge over bet, we have strong hand. Sometimes we will win this situation. Yes, it is possible that opponent has AJ on his range on the small blind, because on the small blind position players defend small blind usually with better hands than big blind. So I think that on the river we can call this overbet. GL :)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree with everyone who answered it was an easy call. if he has AJ, AA or JJ he will always beat me because in that situation I would always call

Folding in Poker