MP: $3.83 (192 bb)
CO: $2.00 (100 bb)
BU: $15.50 (775 bb)
SB: $3.11 (156 bb)
BB (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with 3 3
1 fold, MP raises to $0.06, 3 players fold, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) 3 4 T (2 players)
Hero bets $0.09, MP raises to $0.21, Hero raises to $0.58, MP raises to $0.95, Hero raises to $1.94 (all-in), MP calls $0.99

Last edited:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on what you think of villain but Ill get to that. Pre flop is a call easily I think. Set mining there is profitable in the long run since we are both deep. I would not lead the flop as you did unless you are really leveling there and trying to make it look like you have 10x or 4x which might be what villain is thinking here. However, when you re raise the flop and then they raise you back then its going to come down to what you think of villain since good players at this point in villains shoes should be thinking I am going against a set here a lot of the time and they then should be backing off of their JJ+ hands. If villain is not that good then JJ+ is easily in their range and your play fits perfectly.

If I was in this hand I would not have not have lead out and I would not have re raised since I would be thinking as soon as they re raise me they have something that is enough where they will bet next street and I can get it then compared to raising now and announcing I have a set. There are no real draws here as rainbow board and 56 is unlikely and so is A2 and A2 is only drawing to the 5 anyway. My thinking could be flawed there as this could be a villain that is never folding JJ+ and like I mentioned then your play fits well but I feel like after I re raise to 58 then my hand is face up.

T

thomasguy3419

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on what you think of villain but Ill get to that. Pre flop is a call easily I think. Set mining there is profitable in the long run since we are both deep. I would not lead the flop as you did unless you are really leveling there and trying to make it look like you have 10x or 4x which might be what villain is thinking here. However, when you re raise the flop and then they raise you back then its going to come down to what you think of villain since good players at this point in villains shoes should be thinking I am going against a set here a lot of the time and they then should be backing off of their JJ+ hands. If villain is not that good then JJ+ is easily in their range and your play fits perfectly.

If I was in this hand I would not have not have lead out and I would not have re raised since I would be thinking as soon as they re raise me they have something that is enough where they will bet next street and I can get it then compared to raising now and announcing I have a set. There are no real draws here as rainbow board and 56 is unlikely and so is A2 and A2 is only drawing to the 5 anyway. My thinking could be flawed there as this could be a villain that is never folding JJ+ and like I mentioned then your play fits well but I feel like after I re raise to 58 then my hand is face up.
They showed TT and turned quads. Maybe if I fold 22-55 in the blinds I can avoid the set over set situation.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can make a case for folding small pocket pairs from blinds or EP, but calling is not egregious at all. Especially when you're this deep. I think its perfectly fine.

Though, the post flop play was a little weird. Sometimes you get set over set and there's not a lot to do about it.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold preflop makes sense when you know that your opponent is a super nit. Otherwise it is fine to defend the big blind and in a zoom game where information is lacking I advocate to defend the BB with all pockets when we are HU.
Postflop when we 5-bet jam should call us the hands that beat us, unless we have a bigger picture.
Donk bet we should not perform very often, unless we think that our opponent has a wide range. But if we believe that, we could defeat him by 3-betting more times preflop. And in this case we should fold more times to 4-bet as played.
Although it is better to call, since your villain should have a shorter range from MP, then you want to keep all hands in that betting range. In addition, the board is very dry and suitable for a more extensive game in the next streets.
Greetings.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always fold pre-flop when you know you're going to hit set over set and be the lower set.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop any pair is certainly a standard defend from BB to a 3BB raise, when we are 100BB deep. Maybe we can fold from SB, but folding from BB is to tight. Postflop is just a cooler. When we flop a set on a dry board like this, and someone else have a better set, we are pretty much doomed to go broke for 100BB, and it just is, what it is.

But in the long run this dont matter, because when they have bottom set, and we have top set, they will also go broke to us. So the only thing to do about a hand like this is to reload and play on. If you feel tilted, then sit out of 5 minutes, and make yourself a cup of coffee or anything else to get your mind straight. Or call it a day, if you are already down 3-5 buyins and beginning to feel tilted in general.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call pre is definitely fine this deep as a set mine. The flop play is wonky. First of all, as others have said, we should never be developing a lead range here on flop. Just check your whole range and then develop an x/r range when villain bets. As played, once we lead and get raised we should never reraise here and should just play our whole continue range as a flat.

Unfortunately, no matter how we play this we are most definitely getting stacked.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It makes no sense to fold a pair pre-flop at these bet sizes.
The flop looks good to you. Ready set. You are donk bet 0.7 pot. Showed opponent that you hit the flop.
Your opponent re-raises the pot in response.
At this point, you asked yourself the question with which hand could he play like that?
The flop is good for you. You have a set of threes. You are playing ZOOM PokerStars.
With what does he so willingly raise the rate?
Does he have a straight draw? Does he have an overpair? Does he have two pairs? Does he have a senior set?
it didn't make much sense to bet with a draw here. This is a call. Hands 3 4; 3 10; 4 10 with a high degree of probability he does not have.
So he could play with an overpair or with a senior set.
It was possible to fold here, but then you would be tormented by questions, what if he had AA?
An analysis of my base of played hands showed that hoping for AA or bluffing led me to a serious leak.
With this line of play, your opponent will usually have the best hand.

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind calling pre/ I also don't mind 3betting this hand, hoping to take down the pot pre flop or on the flop. we can easily fold to a 4bet. 33 is a hand that is difficult to play postflop when we miss our set, which most of the time we will.
Im Really not feeling your flop lead which will fold out alot of his Ax and Broadway hands that totally missed this.
Quad 10s that sucks, total cooler if you ask me, no player at these stakes is folding JJ-AA here which are all in his range.
I'm stacking off 100% here.

Folding in Poker