$2 NLHE 6-max: Flopped set, going for value on a drawy board?

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The river lead out is my point of interest here.

Pre flop I might have squeezed a normal sized raise. Happy calling the larger raise which usually is a sign of a nit raising a big pair.

Called on flop, hoping to then check raise turn, which worked out for me.

So the river... I am trying to get max value here from the type of player unable to fold KK or AA. Accepting that QQ beats me. I don't put him on much else given the action (the large pre flop sizing, then the C bet into a multiway pot) and the fact villain is 14/7. AK is never calling, whether 1/3 pot or a shove. AQ might call. I hate checking after the turn re-raise. Thoughts?

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 108.5 BB
SB: 87.5 BB
Hero (BB): 129 BB
UTG: 155 BB
MP: 235.5 BB
CO: 89 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:spade: 9:diamond:

UTG calls 1 BB, MP raises to 5 BB, fold, BTN calls 5 BB, fold, Hero calls 4 BB, UTG calls 4 BB

Flop: (20.5 BB, 4 players) 2:diamond: 9:club: 3:spade:
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets 12 BB, fold, Hero calls 12 BB, fold

Turn: (44.5 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
Hero checks, MP bets 19.5 BB, Hero raises to 44.5 BB, MP calls 25 BB

River: (133.5 BB, 2 players) T:club:
Hero bets 67.5 BB and is all-in, MP calls 67.5 BB

Hero shows 9:spade: 9:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Nines)
(Pre 18%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
MP shows J:club: J:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks)
(Pre 82%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
Hero wins 252 BB

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once villain calls your check raise on the turn, I don't really think he's folding on the river to any sizing.

You've got a half pot bet left, and you shove. Well played.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually am long winded in my responses but this is the easiest post I will probably ever have to write. I think you played this hand perfectly. You should set mine as you did pre, your check call on the flop is great (too many people check raise there imo), your turn raise sizing is absolutely perfect in that it doesnt blow villain out of the water but the raise is needed to easily get the chips in on the river. I wouldnt love that the board backdoored the flush but I would be like "whatever" and would not hesitate putting the chips as you did. Very very well played imo

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess at these stakes you can get away with a check near min raise on the turn. After that, not much else matters... of course you're jamming the river.