$2 NLHE 6-max: Call a 3-Bet in position, make 2 pair

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 1/2 and into a penny game. I have doubled up along the way, Villain is loose and aggressive.

Villain in the small blind with $1.58, Hero in the cutoff with $4.36 holding :ad4::6d4:
2 flods to Hero open with a $0.04 min-raise. Button call, Villain in SB 3-bets $0.16, BB folds, Hero calls and and Button calls
Pot=$0.48, Flop comes :jd4::8s4::6h4:
I have bottom pair and the flop misses Villain's 3-bet range. I am more worried about the Button, Villain C-bets 1/2 pot $0.25. I decide to float her, concerned about the button, who promptly folds.
Pot=$0.98 Turn comes :ks4:
This is a good card for Villain and I am prepared to fold. Villain surprises me and checks and I check behind.
Pot=$0.98 and the River comes :as4:
The flush comes in and I hit 2-pair. I doubt Villain has a flush. I think she has an Ace I can beat. I think she would have bet the turn with a king. Villain bets 1/2 pot for $0.50. I just call thinking Villain is unlikely to call a worse Ace or a bluff..and there is a small chance she has a flush.

Questions:
Should I 4-bet pre-flop?
Should I re-raise the flop?
Should I bet the turn when checked too?
Should I re-raise the river?

:jc4::jh4:

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.

Is there any way for you to repost the hand using a compatible hand converter? I can't read what cards you have from this.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not advocate min raising in cash games except maybe in the high stakes which I dont dabble in of course, I would 3x my raise here pre. Imo Im also folding pre unless I know something about villain here. Too many flops where we will not be able to continue or always have to guess whether we are good or not against a 3 bettor (like this flop or flops with an ace). As played I dont love calling the flop either unless again you know villain and they will shut it down on the turn. Otherwise almost every time villain double barrels here you will be folding unless you improve so that is a little bit of bleeding chips. Also you discount button in the hand which I disagree with. I think a Q or J as in this case hits a lot of their broadway range that they would just call behind here with in position against you pre.

The turn is a nice check behind for you. On the river we get the two pair but flush does come in which I would discount as you do but its always possible. Villain could have jammed here with a slight overbet of the pot and didnt and instead bet about half of their remaining stack. That signals a little more strength to me so with that I like just calling here instead of a possible raise as you brought up. Villain could easily have AQ here which is my guess at what they have if I had to narrow it to one hand but with the flush coming in I am not sure they call with anyway. I guess its close to whether you should re raise river or not but my nittyness is probably taking over and I just call there.

So for your 4 questions that you posted my answer would be no on all of them except one. I think you would be 4 betting into a stronger range pre. re raising the flop gets worse hands to fold and only better to call although their is equity denial so I get the thought but I wouldnt do it. The turn bet I would like in position. It can get better hands to fold, even QQ could fold there and it is like a blocker bet to the river. Villain will be less likely to bet river if you bet the turn and that might get you to avoid a tough river decision on cards that come where you dont improve.