BB: $3.19 (160 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with 3 3
2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) 8 T J (2 players)
BB bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02

Turn: ($0.17) 3 (2 players)
BB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

River: ($0.33) J (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1, Hero raises to $1.21 (all-in), BB calls $0.21

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im fine with pre flop and the sizing. On the flop I think we can do 1 of 2 things here. We can either call as we did to see a cheap turn card or you can raise here to something like 7 cents. Raising would be a play to get to the river more cheaply since I think if we raise here after raising pre flop not only will we get some folds from possibly bigger pocket pairs but we also will get villain to most likely check to us on the turn if they do call flop and then we can check behind when we dont hit and get to see the river cheaply.

The turn as played should be a raise in my opinion as we want to build a pot now and get some value. Villain could easily have a pocket pair they want to cling to or have a pair from the flop. Raising here will also allow us to bet for more on the river and possibly extract greater value there as well assuming we get a call.

The river as played is definitely a bet for you when checked to however I would not personally have gone with an overbet. I would have gone for a sizing that would get a crying call from 8x or some small pocket pair. If villain had Jx I would think they would lead the river although they could be trying to trap but if they are trapping they will then raise your 40% ish bet anyway and then you can stuff it in. The 50 cents seems to high to me but it got the desired reaction and in this hand I would not be folding the boat here. Its possible we are beat but I would be making them have it here and would be getting all the chips in after villains raises the river.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The preflop is totally standard.
On the flop the hand becomes marginal. V's minimum bet appears to induce a hero raise. But considering the size of the bet, really your range is made up of a lot of semi bluffs and some values that probably have little or no fold equity. Against that standard range, low pockets represent a fold on the flop versus any donk bet size.
I know this way of thinking seems very nit, but really to continue is marginal in this texture. And if we decide to raise of bluff on the flop our range becomes even more vulnerable, as some dominated draws may fold here and we will only be isolating ourselves with the top of range V.
As played on the turn the raise seems automatic, as a set should have bet a larger size on the flop. When we call we are not representing very important hands in our range.
On the river, hero shoot polarized. But his line has no relation to his action on the flop. And we clearly don't represent the top of our range, either. I know that to fold FH is unimaginable at 2NL, so possibly if we hit the river as played the call becomes standard.
Greetings.