pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624wAkvF3
UTG: $2.00 (100 bb)
CO: $2.62 (131 bb)
BU (Hero): $3.69 (185 bb)
SB: $0.44 (22 bb)
BB: $6.08 (304 bb)
Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with T♦ A¢¾
2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.05, 1 fold, BB 3-bets to $0.08, Hero calls $0.03
Flop: ($0.17) 7♦ A¢À J¢À (2 players)
BB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16
Turn: ($0.49) A♦ (2 players)
BB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24
River: ($0.97) 3♦ (2 players)
BB bets $0.94, Hero raises to $3.21 (all-in), BB calls $2.27

okay so played this hand a few day ago just brought flopzilla so was attempting to run the numbers I think I played this hand ok vs his range although all draws miss ecpect the backdoor flush I still think I was good unless he flopped a set

hero ah-td

if interested in villains hand il post in comments

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are not only losing to a flopped set, you are also losing to AK, AQ, AJ, A7, A3 and backdoor diamonds. Your hand is basically a bluff catcher, so on the river you can either fold or call, but you can never raise. I know, his 3-bet is a silly size, but its still a 3-bet. And when he continue to barrel all three streets after the flop, I think, we need to respect this quite a bit. So I honestly prefer to just fold here. I think, you will be shown one of those hands, that beat you, more than two out of three times. I also dont think, you can turn AT into a bluff and get him to fold anything better. Its two bucks and change to call, so he is just going to snap you all day long even with AK/AQ.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
R 3-bet

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624wAkvF3
UTG: $2.00 (100 bb)
CO: $2.62 (131 bb)
BU (Hero): $3.69 (185 bb)
SB: $0.44 (22 bb)
BB: $6.08 (304 bb)
Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with T♦ A¢¾
2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.05, 1 fold, BB 3-bets to $0.08, Hero calls $0.03
Flop: ($0.17) 7♦ A¢À J¢À (2 players)
BB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16
Turn: ($0.49) A♦ (2 players)
BB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24
River: ($0.97) 3♦ (2 players)
BB bets $0.94, Hero raises to $3.21 (all-in), BB calls $2.27

okay so played this hand a few day ago just brought flopzilla so was attempting to run the numbers I think I played this hand ok vs his range although all draws miss ecpect the backdoor flush I still think I was good unless he flopped a set

hero ah-td

if interested in villains hand il post in comments

Hello there Jd179, thank you very much for posting your hand

The Preflop

We raise and BB makes a R 3-bet a.k.a non-sense 3-bet size, which is not even a mini-raise and we should call with our entire range that open from the BTN.

the postflop

The Flop

Always observe the size used for Villain and consider that BB is out of position: BB elects to c-bet 100% pot, and although this is a very odd move, we should still be calling here, because there are a bunch of draws that could be doing the same.
Real weak players will try to bluff here KK, QQ, TT, 99, etc, when they should be checking. If you get a showdown like this, please, do not forget to take notes.
On the flop Villain still can has AA, AK, AQ, AJ and A7 on its range, although we have the removal.

The Turn

Now Villain/BB recudes its sizings, going for 1/2 pot OTT, when we do completes a trips and here it is a very hard spot to be folding, because now BB can have a little more bluffs on its range, such as the flush draws of diamonds and of clubs, and broadways straight draws.
I strongly believe that Villain is trying to bluff some KK or QQ here, and most of times a flush draw of clubs. Once in a lifetime, of course, BB will show up here some 77, JJ, because we are blocking the aces on its range.

The River?

Well, here it completes a flush of diamonds, which we believe Villain/BB will not present in a high frequency, Villain/BB doesn't have many aces on its range because we are blocking and now Villain goes again for a 100% pot size.
This is a very common mistake, and many good players lose their tempers here and go all-in because of all the factors stated above, we have removal, Villain doesn't have a lot of flushes of diamonds, etc.
I would be calling this 100% pot size on the River a 100% of times, because when we decide to jam, we allow BB to play as close as possible to perfection: Now BB can easily fold KK, QQ, TT, 99 etc, BB can easily fold its missed flush draws of clubs and the missed straight draws that comine with AJ OTF, and there is a great chance of Villain/BB to only pay us here with AJ, AQ, AQ, A7 and A3, hands that could be on a non-sense R 3-bet range BB x BTN.
Another hands here are 77, JJ and 33. It is very close between values and bluffs, but at the micros we know that either BB has some KK and QQ that got sticky with the aces flop/turn or Villain/BB has us own, for all of these reasons I see no point in getting fancy OTR and shipping all-in.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You are not only losing to a flopped set, you are also losing to AK, AQ, AJ, A7, A3 and backdoor diamonds. Your hand is basically a bluff catcher, so on the river you can either fold or call, but you can never raise. I know, his 3-bet is a silly size, but its still a 3-bet. And when he continue to barrel all three streets after the flop, I think, we need to respect this quite a bit. So I honestly prefer to just fold here. I think, you will be shown one of those hands, that beat you, more than two out of three times. I also dont think, you can turn AT into a bluff and get him to fold anything better. Its two bucks and change to call, so he is just going to snap you all day long even with AK/AQ.

Yes, dear friend, by going all-in on this river we are just increasing the rake for us to pay (self-value betting our own range).
But IMO, folding here seems a little bit too tight. Are you a NIT now fundiver199? :D
Just kidding pal, please, don't get me wrong, thank you for your analysis!

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's difficult to see from your post what the cards are. Maybe use a different format.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's difficult to see from your post what the cards are. Maybe use a different format.

+1... a lot of people won't even bother to figure it out. I know I don't. :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Using "plain text" rather than "forum code" solve this problem with displaying the suits correctly.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like raising on River. You are beaten by AK AQ AJ a few A7 A3.
Don't forget that on average in NL2 only 50% time villains DOUBLE barrels with the flush draw. Also he min 3bet so he is a recreational player he won't often triple barrel with air. And sizing on river is huge.

I think folding wouldn't be mistake.