Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I debated between min reraise and overbetting the pot. I decided that overbetting would look a lot more like a bluff, and would be more likely to induce a call from weaker hands, but I'm still not 100% sure. Probably would have gotten a fold no matter what, but I'm wondering if I could have possibly squeezed a little more value out of the hand.

pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Samdasooo (UTG): $3.22 (161 bb)
renkee27 (MP): $1.94 (97 bb)
Anatomy352 (CO): $2.23 (112 bb)
dobbler1 (BU): $10.22 (511 bb)
ASDNEO (SB): $1.53 (77 bb)
rxwxjx (BB): $3.37 (169 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (dobbler1) is BTN with 8 T
2 players fold, Anatomy352 (CO) raises to $0.06, dobbler1 (BU) 3-bets to $0.21, 2 players fold, Anatomy352 (CO) calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.45) 8 9 8 (2 players)
Anatomy352 (CO) checks, dobbler1 (BU) checks

Turn: ($0.45) T (2 players)

River: ($0.45) 7 (2 players)
Anatomy352 (CO) bets $0.32, dobbler1 (BU) raises to $1, Anatomy352 (CO) folds

Total pot: $1.09 (Rake: $0.04)
dobbler1 (BU) wins $1.05

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like your position view on this hand. As long as first two to act are out, CO's min-bet is looking just small. The sizing of the reraise is just cool for me too.
So with a medio hand we managed to show some power, and took over the control. The flop hit us very great. As much as our raise could hide stronger hands, the best is just the check, let some space to the villain to get closer to his/her combination, cause we are definitely leading here, and probably will be leading on the next street too.

The turn is exciting now. Flush-draw, straight-draw card. We get a check, and now we need to think about making value from the hand. As much as there's a space now to the villain, and we protected our hand's strenght on flop, the worst we could do here is checking. I could see some raise from you as 0.20$-0.30$, pumping up the pot now healhty.

As it went for you, you could definitely make a bigger bet on the river, considering there's no combinations beating you, and if this bet is a kind of vale-bet from the opponent, he/she will make a call on you with the Q, 77, maybe can 6 too. So I would go up to 1.51-1.89 here. But once again, turn raise is the optimal for me - having these outs just not always giving you a bluff on river - just a third time check. Good luck on the fields. :)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet the flop, bet the turn.. and as far as the river raise, ya I'd go more... 1.20ish range.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I debated between min reraise and overbetting the pot. I decided that overbetting would look a lot more like a bluff, and would be more likely to induce a call from weaker hands, but I'm still not 100% sure. Probably would have gotten a fold no matter what, but I'm wondering if I could have possibly squeezed a little more value out of the hand.

PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Samdasooo (UTG): $3.22 (161 bb)
renkee27 (MP): $1.94 (97 bb)
Anatomy352 (CO): $2.23 (112 bb)
dobbler1 (BU): $10.22 (511 bb)
ASDNEO (SB): $1.53 (77 bb)
rxwxjx (BB): $3.37 (169 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (dobbler1) is BTN with 8 T
2 players fold, Anatomy352 (CO) raises to $0.06, dobbler1 (BU) 3-bets to $0.21, 2 players fold, Anatomy352 (CO) calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.45) 8 9 8 (2 players)

Turn: ($0.45) T (2 players)

River: ($0.45) 7 (2 players)
Anatomy352 (CO) bets $0.32, dobbler1 (BU) raises to $1, Anatomy352 (CO) folds

Total pot: $1.09 (Rake: $0.04)
dobbler1 (BU) wins $1.05

Thank you for posting.

To get the most value on river we want to make sure we are making the best value choices on each street. We start by preplanning our hands

So we 3 bet preflop why? Do we expect folds-wide range calls- AA traps or post flop over folds?

So V calls OOP what range did we expect to call?
What range does the V expect us to have? Do they use range in your player pool? Does this V use ranges?

When we check flop do we expect our V to think we are protecting a big pair?
Will our V ignore that we can have a big pair on later streets?
Would our V expect us to have 8x here?
Would we bet this flop to bluff? Are they over folding here?

On turn are we not betting over pairs that checked flop but do not want to give a free card on this board now?
Is the V leading all their made hands now? Does QJ not lead this turn?
Will they fold any draw to a probe bet?
What does fold to the probe?
Will we get value from that on the river?
If we probe turn would this V lead river to get folds here or even shove to target our over pair?

Our V bets large on a 4 straight board after we have shown no interest in this board.
What top of range hands are they leading like this?
In your player pool what % of players 3x raise here as a bluff?
What % of players even try any kind of bluff here?

As played on this river we have two meta game betting choices min raise or shove vs most of the field.

Meta game wise I like the min raise as it drives the V crazy. If they were bluffing or weak we get nothing for any size- if we shove they can be happy to think we probably had what we had but if we min raise questions linger. Not only that others on the table are thinking bluffy thoughts as well.

Meta game has it's value as well.

You may have gotten all the value you could and you were thinking meta game on river so good job.

Hope this helps
:):)