PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: AA river fold ?

Im not sure to many 2nl players take this line that often with gutshots and there are no obvious flush draqws on board.The Q is a good card for me but it also hit's villains range as villain can easily have KQ
vpip/pfr/3bet
Villain 44/24/11 sample 24 hands

Cheers.

[converted_hand][hand_history]pokerstars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

BTN: $1.95 (97.5 bb)
SB: $1.53 (76.5 bb)
BB: $2.27 (113.5 bb)
UTG: $2.51 (125.5 bb)
Hero (MP): $2.00 (100 bb)
CO: $4.36 (218 bb)

SB posts $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has A A
fold, Hero raises to $0.06, CO calls $0.06, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.15, 2 players) Q 2 K
Hero bets $0.10, CO raises to $0.27, Hero calls $0.17

Turn: ($0.69, 2 players) Q
Hero checks, CO bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34

River: ($1.37, 2 players) 2
Hero checks, CO bets $3.69 and is all-in, Hero?

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you know my answer already. At these stakes I typically tend to give people credit without massive information, and I also tend to not stack off an overpair in a single raised pot 100BB deep. You defended enough already, and maybe you could even let it go on the turn. When he fire again on that card, he probably dont have AK or KJ, because then the Q pairing would scare him.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea with this small sample I think you have to fold when the board pairs twice in a single raised pot. With VPIP that wide he could even have K2s along with his KQ, Qx, and the last combo of 22. If we bluff catch here I think we are lucky if we are right. Any K that strong should have 3 bet pre. I need a lot more than 24 hands to make this call. Don't think I could find a fold before the river though with limited reads.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's just one of those lousy spots with AA. You get it preflop and start thinking about how you're going to win some chips, and by the river, the wheels have fallen off and you have to fold.

I think, given his shove, you have to fold on the river.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to make a disciplined laydown here. I feel like he's going to have JT/J9/AT a lot here, but it's not worth the risk. At 2NL you will find spots where you may as well literally hold a bucket and let people drop their money in...better to wait for those spots than try to bluff catch for stacks.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depanding on the player.. I might call if he is super spewy but not many are completly shoving any hand every hand so.. I'd fold the river

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate to put people on just one hand, but as it played out, I think, we are looking at pretty much exactly KQ here most of the time. Could be 22 or QQ as well, but there is only 1 combo of each of those, while there are 6 KQ, and these all make complete sense from preflop to the river. I guess the J9 draw missed, but at 2NL you just dont see many players check-raise flop with a draw, barrel turn and jam river, when the draw missed.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have 6 QK combos; 6 AK combos; 1 combo 2-2 and 1 combo Q-Q. The decision depends on the type of player we face. I probably call without thinking if I have an aggressive player.
Without certain readings I don't hate the call, but I know that many times I am behind a full house. And considering the stake, I probably chose to withdraw from this place.
Greetings

Folding in Poker