$2 NLHE 6-max: 4-bet pot with TT

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
V stats 24/21/2 (68 hands)

Villain has been active lately, he has 3-bet me two to three times in about 2 orbits. I decided to 4-bet instead of playing OOP with a capped range, villain calls. What do you think of my 4-bet sizing? should it be larger?

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 4 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG (Hero): $2.57 (129 bb)
BU: $3.69 (185 bb)
SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with T T
Hero raises to $0.06, BTN 3-bets to $0.21, 2 players fold, Hero 4-bets to $0.52, BTN calls $0.31

Flop: ($1.07) 9 6 J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.26, BTN calls $0.26

Turn: ($1.59) T (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.51, Hero calls $0.51

River: ($2.61) 7 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $1.28, Hero...?

On the flop I bet quarter pot because I am basically just trying to bet range and make some missed Ax fold like AK,AQ, maybe ATs. What do you think of the sizing? V calls.

On the turn the T gives us a set but KQ gets there, I was not sure if KQ would be in his range as I don't have a ton of experience in 4-bet pots, if it was I figured only the 4 suited combos would be in his range. I decide to check because I was not sure if I wanted to bet and face a raise, we could have gotten value possibly from slow played AA,KK,QQ and AJ. I did not want to raise and then not have the dicipline to fold , if V does raise I assume his range is JJ,KQs basically. and maybe the odd AQcc,AKcc. V bets 1/3 pot and I call. I was not quite sure about his betting range, I thought he may do this with his Ace-x trying to attack weakness or some of the hands I mentioned that I beat. River I decide to check again, if he is bluffing I would let him continue but at the same time if he is not I feel like I have less information and have to guess at this point. I know opponent's are typically under-bluffing rivers but with 4combos of KQs and 3 JJ I really thought he could barrel river as a bluff with broken club draw, AQ,AK etc.. or maybe he thinks AA,KK,QQ is still the best hand?

Last edited:
F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
up to river you played fine, maybe jamming turn is better at some freq, but i dont mind calling
On the river you have mandatory jam. No idea what is the purpose of the check. he might check a lot of weaker 2 pair and yet jam all of his straights and other perceived value against your range.
Even tho we dont jam much bluffs it is still better to go for value there rather than check guessing yourself in my opinion. Your set there should be strong enough there to get some value.
Hope this helps and Good Luck!