Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.00 (100 bb)
MP: $4.40 (220 bb)
CO: $3.41 (171 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
BB: $2.76 (138 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with A K
3 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, SB 3-bets to $0.24, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.50) 3 A T (2 players)
SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.98) J (2 players)
SB bets $0.72, Hero...??

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold, you beat nothing there, you could even start considering folding AT imo. QQ KK i would assume never blasting like this on nl2.
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Obviously a 4-bet would also be fine here, but I guess, its ok to mix it up.

Flop
Having underrepresented our hand preflop, maybe we could even consider a raise here?

Turn
Not the best turn card for us, since it brings in AJ, KQ and JJ, which are definitely hands, he can have. To make matters worse, he bet so large, that he pretty much commits himself to the pot leaving less than a half pot sized bet for the river. So I dont really see calling now to then fold on the river, and I also dont se calling inducing many river bluffs.

For those reasons I would either fold or jam. I guess, we still beat AQ and chop with AK, so maybe its a crying get it in? But its close, and I would not hate folding either. It just feels so weak-tight to not 4-bet AK pre and then fold on the turn, when we flopped top pair. It would be nice to have a larger sample on him, because if those 14/14 stats were over 100 hands or more it would be much more clear to me, that this is probably a find a bucket, womit and then fold situation.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think that it is hard decision on the turn, I don't think so that player from the small blind will 3bet hand KQo, but more possible hand is JJ or AJ. I think that can't fold this on the river. Our hand is too strong to fold. Yeah, I agree with fundiver that 4bet pre flop looks good against player from the small blind. We are in position, if opponent is good player he can 3bets more loose from the small blind, he also thinks that hero steal with a wide range. So I think we should risk on the turn with TPTK. If opponent has JJ or AJo, it is hard a lot, but it is poker. Sometimes are hands like those and it happens sometimes. GL :)

Y

yanvargas7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, analyzing the situation, it's very difficult to be ahead in this situation with AK, the range where the opponent would have 33 I don't believe in the preflop tribet where I would most likely just call,
TT,JJ,KK,QQ fit this situation too, to assess whether the opponent could have AT, AJ we would need a bigger analysis of this player's hands.
In a scenario where this player has AQ it would be perhaps the best situation for the hero, but in the general context, we are most of the time behind in this situation.

T

tt124f

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a quick question, why V’s having JJ on the turn? Have you ever c-bet 1/2 JJ OOP on A high board? If NL2 is just bad, why V can’t have Q9d, 89c, T8c, A4d? Also, for most of you I believe you will never bet TT for only 1/2 pot on this scary board, while you could just easily put more money in against TP. AT maybe the same argument.

I suggest you to break down opponent’s range more carefully. Adding as much read as possible into your thought process. For example, if V is indeed betting JJ like that OTF, then V could have TT, TJ, AJ,KQ, no doubt. But what about all the combo draws? What about a bad A9s punt? Do not fear to make plays and sometimes lose your stack. Try them and find out yourself.

Remark: why NL2 seems so tough now that people automatically exclude punting?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a reasonable point, that if Villain can have JJ after C-betting the flop, then he can also have a number of other hands, that we still beat. But with that being said even if we exclude JJ, there are still a lot of nut combos, that we lose to: AA (1), TT(3), AJ (6), AT (6), A3s (1), KQ (12) = 29 combos. So the question is, does he have enough other stuff, or would some of those 29 combos be played in a different way preflop or on the flop?

I think, its tough to say against a basically unknown 2NL opponent. But whenever we find ourself in some kind of wanky situation like this on the turn or river, its always good to go back and look at, how we arrived here. And in this case we did so by not 4-betting preflop. A 4-bet definitely get folds, which I am very happy about, and I am also happy to stack off AKs for 100 bigs, when I open from BTN and get 3-bet by SB. So I am 4-betting here all day, and if I get 5-bet, I am beating him into the pot.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very tough spot. Might call if the villain is aggressive enough to play like this with AQ which we beat and AK which we chop with. We also have a K which blocks nut straight and AK of spades do unblock villains flush draw bluffs.

I might call unless I feel the villain doesn't have any bluffs here.