$2 NLHE 6-max: 3 bet pot, double paired board, with flush draw

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 30/26/1

Another rough turn card. A larger reraise on the river probably had me folding. How would you play this one?

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 157 BB
SB: 47.5 BB
Hero (BB): 106 BB
UTG: 162 BB
MP: 100 BB
CO: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q A

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 13 BB, UTG calls 10 BB, SB calls 10 BB

Flop: (39 BB, 3 players) K 3 3
SB checks, Hero bets 15.5 BB, UTG calls 15.5 BB, fold

Turn: (70 BB, 2 players) K
Hero checks, UTG checks

River: (70 BB, 2 players) 2
Hero bets 17 BB, UTG raises to 45.5 BB, Hero calls 28.5 BB
UTG shows Q A (Two Pair, Kings and Threes)
(Pre 48%, Flop 32%, Turn 40%)
Hero shows Q A (Flush, Ace High)
(Pre 52%, Flop 68%, Turn 60%)
Hero wins 151 BB

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like, how you played preflop, flop and turn. The river is a very interesting spot. I dont think, he ever has a 3 in his hand, but a K is certainly possible. On the other side he can also have a lot of pocket pairs, that did not want to give up on the flop, or he could have some random float. So the question is, do we go for some "thin mint value" with our flush, as they called it on the Stones live stream? And if so what is the plan, if we get raised?

The alternative is to check, and then I think, the plan pretty much has to be to check-call. You block AK and KQ, which are some of the more likely KX combos in his range, and by checking twice you would sort of underrep your hand. So check-folding is not really an option here I think. If he has the K, he is going to get paid. Good for him.

You did go for the thin mint value, and you did get raised, which is pretty gross. You are getting 4:1 so need 20% equity to break even. Going this small can certainly induce a random spazz, because your hand looks kind of exactly like, what it is. Maybe he dont put you on a flush, but you might also play like this with AA or QQ trying to get that same crying call out of his 99-JJ. So as played I think, you made the right decision to call :)

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, always appreciate your thoughts.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quite a risky call a K is definitely in range I probably would have folded, but congratulations on the good reading of the hand

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations, good call on the river. Also the other guy made the perfect bluff, I wouldn't have had the balls to make the call if I were in your position. Well played

Full Flush Poker