$2 NLHE 6-max: 2NL quads, valuebet more?

J

Johnkanon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Should i raise more on the flop/turn/river for value?

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (CO): 111 BB
BTN: 137 BB (VPIP: 17.65, PFR: 14.71, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 36)
SB: 125.5 BB (VPIP: 93.33, PFR: 6.67, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 17)
BB: 165 BB (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 41)
UTG: 74.5 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
MP: 171.5 BB (VPIP: 30.67, PFR: 22.67, 3Bet Preflop: 13.04, Hands: 79)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T T

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, SB calls 3.5 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (10 BB, 2 players) 2 T 9
SB bets 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Turn: (20 BB, 2 players) 4
SB bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

River: (40 BB, 2 players) T
SB bets 19 BB, Hero raises to 50 BB, SB calls 31 BB

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think he's light it makes sense to go low for value, busted flush draws, a single pair. Just depends on the read you have on him. Judging by his stats can see he's a whale, i'd probably just go in against a guy like this cos they will often call with a single pair.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Just go all-in. He is either very strong himself (full hose) or is bluffing or goes for thin value.

He obviously can not call any raise with his weakest hands unless he is a total calling station.

So go big since he is polarized between very strong and weak (on this board any pair even over pairs are relatively weak against a river raise).

As played raise very big on the river.

You could of course have raised the flop but that is another discussion.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to be hard on you here and say, that I think, you butchered the hand. Leaving a guy like this with 30% of his stack behind, when you have the stone cold nuts, will kill your winrate in the long run. Situations like this dont happen very often, so when they do, you HAVE to at least try to stack him.

I also prefer to put in the raise already on the flop, because this is the only way, I can be certain to get my stack inside without resorting to some kind of wild over betting on the river. When you just call, you allow him to determine the size of the pot, and its a disaster, if he either check the turn or check the river.

The times, where I might just call in position with a set, is against solid regulars on dry boards. If I feel pretty sure, they have a big overpair or a TPTK type of hand, and there is nothing to slow them down, then it makes sense to just call and let them continue to hang themselfes rather than declare my hand already on the flop and possibly let them make a big hero fold.

But here you have the complete opposite situation. A huge whale is donk betting into you on a wet board, and that situation just scream for a raise. This guy caught some kind of piece of the board, and he is not going to fold to a raise, because fish just dont fold. This is why, we cant bluff them, but the upside is, we can get absurd amounts of value, when we flop a hand like this.

And even as played you should still just have jammed the river. As others have said, you either coolered him, or he has a missed draw and is not going to call any raise regardless of your sizing. This is also part of the reason, why I prefer raising the flop. Fish will pay almost anything to chase after the most ridiculous draw, but when the draw bricked, they are not going to call on the river.

Last edited:
M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can raise all in because your raise size is near all in.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The check-call of the flop was standard, and probably the best move to defend your hand, given the characteristics of this villain, we do not want to throw it yet and we seek to maximize the benefit.
On the turn you have the great opportunity to raise.
Now 2 lines of color open, and at this point you have many hands that will pay you for the increase.
If the villain proposed action from the flop, it is time to seek the greatest benefit.
On the turn you could re-raise its increase to 4.5 times, you are likely to be paid that size, since it is less than half of all the money involved in this hand.
On the river, the push is a correct move if you still didn't get the villain to pushee you first.
These hands should be thought in order to get the most gain, with villains who play very loose from preflop.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The check-call of the flop was standard, and probably the best move to defend your hand, given the characteristics of this villain, we do not want to throw it yet and we seek to maximize the benefit.

Hero was in position. I prefer to play fast against a fishy guy like this and raise the flop. There are so many draws on this board, he can have, or sometimes even an overpair, that a passive player did not 3-bet preflop.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I think the board has become too dangerous on the turn. This opponent may have several draws, in this situation I would play more aggressively. I like your decision on the river, this opponent has shown that he is ready to put all the chips, this is a good move.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I think the board has become too dangerous on the turn. This opponent may have several draws, in this situation I would play more aggressively. I like your decision on the river, this opponent has shown that he is ready to put all the chips, this is a good move.