UTG: $2.00 (100 bb)
CO: $2.18 (109 bb)
BU: $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $1.46 (73 bb)
BB (Hero): $3.96 (198 bb)
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with T A
1 fold, CO calls $0.02, BTN raises to $0.06, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.21, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.15
[/FONT]
Flop: ($0.45) 7 9 7 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.18, BTN calls $0.18
[/FONT]
Turn: ($0.81) K (2 players)
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace, sans-serif]Hero bets $0.40, BTN raises to $1.03, BB (Hero) folds

Villain was at the table for 2 hands so I had no reads or stats but when he raises 6c over 2c I believe he can be isolating with a wide range and decide to 3-bet. Villain calls. On the flop I c-bet 40% pot. What sizing would you prefer? a larger one? I assume a larger bet has more fold equity but I also want my bluffs to be as cheap as possible.

Do you think villain folds any part of his range to this bet or just calls with mostly everything?
[/FONT]

with our 40% bet we need villain to fold approximately 28% of his range or more as a pure bluff. In the photo, basically if villain calls with everything besides his missed broadways and he folds out all his missed broadways he will be folding roughly 34% which is more than we need him to. If Villain calls with everything + his broadways that have the BDFD he is only folding about 25% of the time.

Do you think villain folds any part of his range to this bet sizing or just calls with mostly everything?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
3-betting and calling are both fine. Folding would be to tight.

Flop
In theory the small C-bet is a good strategy, but I cant help feeling, that slightly larger bets are more effective at stakes this low. You want him to fold hands like AQ/AJ right now - not float you in position.

Turn
Great card for you to represent, so I am totally on board with firing, now targeting hands like 88, 9X, TT-QQ, which if they dont fold now, could probably be pursuaded by emptying the clip on the river. When he raise however, its obviously time to give up.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My default 3-bet when OOP is 12 bb. I would add 1-2 bbs to that to account for the limper. Slightly larger or slightly smaller are both fine. Don't vary bet-sizing based on hand strength though. They're very easy tells to pick up on and if someone is paying attention you might be in trouble.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hey Casey,

I'm liking the analysis. You've clearly put some thought into this.

Pre could be slightly larger since it is a limp followed by an iso. I generally like smaller 3-bet sizes with a merged-but wider-range in high rake environments, but here 12bb is probably the minimum.

Keep in mind that most people who isolate will over defend vs 3-bets... they alreasdy decided their hand is good enough to iso, so they likely dolf to your 3-bet pretty infrequently.

Nevertheless, your hand is still good enough to raise.

I like to flop bet and the sizing. Having some backdoors is nice.

The :kc4: is an interesting card and obviously this is a card you can bet on... you probably can bet very often on this card since V rarely has a K here. I'm even on board with slightly overbluffing this card in most player pools.

But you should have some checks. We need to think what he called with on the flop that stuck around that is better and we can still get to fold.

V has some AK, AQ that floated the flop. AK is ofc 4-bet sometimes pre, though some fish call religiously with this hand.

V could have JJ-TT. Tx suited, 9x suited, 88, and some smaller connected draws or gutshots.

All that to say... V has a tight range, so you can be selective with bluffs. I actually can't give you advice here.... AThh is likely one of the better bluffing combos here, though maybe not for a triple (since it blocks hands that may call the turn but fold the river like 9T or TT). You also have a ton of value in this spot to balance these types of bluffs as KQ and AK are mostly cbet OTF, not to mention 99 and AA at some frequency.

I would go 2/3 on the turn, but 1/2 pot still sets up for a river shove so I can't complain too much.

V's raise makes it an easy fold with most holdings. At 2nl I'm guessing this is a protection raise as V generally can' be too strong here. At the same time he likely isn't folding to a shove.

Interesting spot, thanks for posting!