Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
Full (8-10 seats)
Currency
$
How many mistake i made? According to me it was just luck.

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $4.21 (211 bb)
UTG+1: $1.98 (99 bb)
MP: $3.08 (154 bb)
MP+1: $1.65 (83 bb)
LP: $2.29 (115 bb)
CO: $0.80 (40 bb)
BU (Hero): $1.93 (97 bb)
SB: $3.16 (158 bb)
BB: $1.94 (97 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.05) Hero is BTN with 6 A
UTG raises to $0.08, 5 players fold, Hero calls $0.08, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.21) 5 3 9 (2 players)
UTG bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

Turn:
($0.49) 5 (2 players)
UTG bets $0.47, Hero calls $0.47

River:
($1.43) 8 (2 players)
UTG bets $0.69, Hero raises to $1.24 (all-in), UTG calls $0.55

Total pot: $3.91 (Rake: $0.14)

Showdown:
BU (Hero) shows 6 A (a flush, Ace high)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 58%, Flop: 80%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)

UTG shows J K (a flush, King high)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 42%, Flop: 20%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

BU (Hero) wins $3.77

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He called with second nuts. That's what everyone does. Sometimes you are on this side, sometimes on the other.
Betting that large on turn with monster - hm. What exactly would call you?
And yet villain called and there is a pair on a board. Now I would be worried and wouldn't be convinced about that river bet.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Not sure if it's a hand to call a raise from UTG, despite that, it's well played to me.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yea seems fine and kinda typical from my experience. The feels bad man for the other guy tho, been there too lol

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop: You would need to think villain is pretty loose here to call here and think you are ahead often. Undoubtedly there will be times you are ahead and it will almost always be hands like the villain had. Hard to assume villain would be opening UTG with A5 or lower so when you call here you are really only playing for the flush since even if an ace hits you have no idea whether you are good or not. Imo, I would not be calling with this hand but if you want to get involved 3 bet it but I dont even like that against an UTG open full ring. This hand plays best as a fold pre.

Flop: Betting size is indicative of an overpair. I would not think other flush draws would bet this large on the flop and if they do have another flush draw (as we know they do after the hand) I would not think they would bet this big with it. I would be putting villain on an overpair here and thinking if they are a good player then if we call they will be able to put us on about the hand we have and should bet large every street until the flop comes in and then back off when and if it does. Again, this is 2NL so we cant assume villain is good. Given we called pre and we flopped the nut flush draw we have to continue. I dont like raising here if I think there is a good chance villain has an overpair and is not folding although even against QQ with no clubs for villain we are 48% and even if they have a club we are 45% so raising to get it in on the flop is not bad but, again, I dont think villain is folding their overpairs and we are still technically behind to that range so I prefer just calling here.

Turn: We get our card but the board pairs which I dont love but Im not fearing it. In my head at this point I would be thinking what is the best way to get all the chips in by the end. We have position here and if we call there will be much less than a pot sized left on river. Even if villain checks we still have our chance to jam so I would just call here and hope villain would keep going with their overpair. I would be thinking that another club is an action killer but I still think I would take that risk and call knowing one way or another I can jam river and dont have to raise here to be able to get it all in.

River: Don't like the club but it could have been worse like another 5 or pairing the board again. After villain bets here there is no doubt to put them in. Would not be concerned at all about it but we do have 6 of clubs which blocks the straight flush. If villain has a set or a crazy 55 its a so be it hand so this is an easy jam over as you did. From what I wrote above, surprised to see they had another flush draw and played it the way they did with their bet sizing.

Overall, I think the hand post flop is played well given villain was UTG and can/will have more overpairs in their range. Otherwise a raise on the flop is open to debate and still is open to debate but I like calling better. Turn is a good solid call imo, and river there is no other option to me. Pre flop though, I dont like it against UTG full ring open. Too many times you will be going against a much better hand or a hand that has you dominated and leaves you up the creek when an ace flops. Add to that it was a 4x open as well so this should have been folded pre. All else though, nice hand

G

Gollox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
excellent explanation I like to learn more from you

G

Gollox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Pre flop: You would need to think villain is pretty loose here to call here and think you are ahead often. Undoubtedly there will be times you are ahead and it will almost always be hands like the villain had. Hard to assume villain would be opening UTG with A5 or lower so when you call here you are really only playing for the flush since even if an ace hits you have no idea whether you are good or not. Imo, I would not be calling with this hand but if you want to get involved 3 bet it but I dont even like that against an UTG open full ring. This hand plays best as a fold pre.

Flop: Betting size is indicative of an overpair. I would not think other flush draws would bet this large on the flop and if they do have another flush draw (as we know they do after the hand) I would not think they would bet this big with it. I would be putting villain on an overpair here and thinking if they are a good player then if we call they will be able to put us on about the hand we have and should bet large every street until the flop comes in and then back off when and if it does. Again, this is 2NL so we cant assume villain is good. Given we called pre and we flopped the nut flush draw we have to continue. I dont like raising here if I think there is a good chance villain has an overpair and is not folding although even against QQ with no clubs for villain we are 48% and even if they have a club we are 45% so raising to get it in on the flop is not bad but, again, I dont think villain is folding their overpairs and we are still technically behind to that range so I prefer just calling here.

Turn: We get our card but the board pairs which I dont love but Im not fearing it. In my head at this point I would be thinking what is the best way to get all the chips in by the end. We have position here and if we call there will be much less than a pot sized left on river. Even if villain checks we still have our chance to jam so I would just call here and hope villain would keep going with their overpair. I would be thinking that another club is an action killer but I still think I would take that risk and call knowing one way or another I can jam river and dont have to raise here to be able to get it all in.

River: Don't like the club but it could have been worse like another 5 or pairing the board again. After villain bets here there is no doubt to put them in. Would not be concerned at all about it but we do have 6 of clubs which blocks the straight flush. If villain has a set or a crazy 55 its a so be it hand so this is an easy jam over as you did. From what I wrote above, surprised to see they had another flush draw and played it the way they did with their bet sizing.

Overall, I think the hand post flop is played well given villain was UTG and can/will have more overpairs in their range. Otherwise a raise on the flop is open to debate and still is open to debate but I like calling better. Turn is a good solid call imo, and river there is no other option to me. Pre flop though, I dont like it against UTG full ring open. Too many times you will be going against a much better hand or a hand that has you dominated and leaves you up the creek when an ace flops. Add to that it was a 4x open as well so this should have been folded pre. All else though, nice hand
excellent explanation I like to learn more from you (y)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
At 2NL I don't see anything wrong with this preflop line as long as you know what you are aiming for when the flop comes. You're hoping to hit hard on the flop and not get caught chasing a pair of aces on an uncoordinated board. In this case you flopped a flush draw and completed it on the turn, which also happened to pair the board. Now you're losing to full houses and rarely to quad 5, and you are getting good action. I don't think you can justify anything less than calling and coming along. You block the only straight flush. You decided to put him all in on the river and he's not going to fold here after his river bet, so that's a good play to maximize the reward. Rarely, you will get crushed by better nuts but not this time!

G

gorteck0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Thank you everyone! I will improve my preflop game. :)

K

kostja007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that preflop this hand is a clearly fold. I wondering if it is really a jam on the river on a paired board. I do think a lot of players will fold K flush high and call fullhouses on a four club board. So for me it is a raise on the turn or call river.