Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:heart: T:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, MP+1 calls 2.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) T:club: 9:heart: Q:heart:
Hero checks, MP+1 bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 9.5 BB, MP+1 calls 8.5 BB

Turn: (25.5 BB, 2 players) A:heart:
Hero checks, MP+1 bets 24.5 BB, Hero calls 24.5 BB

River: (74.5 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:
Hero checks, MP+1 bets 64.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 64.5 BB

MP+1 shows A:club: J:heart: (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 43%, Flop 27%, Turn 32%)
Hero shows T:heart: T:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Tens)
(Pre 57%, Flop 73%, Turn 68%)
Hero wins 196.5 BB

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this hand. Although I won this hand, is it the right play in the long run?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting hand.
Preflop I like your opening when I'm at a table like yours, where opponents understand your position and the strength of your range.
On the flop you must take the initiative and bet c. It's a dangerous board and you can start cashing out of a lot of hands.If your opponent folds you will have obtained an excellent result.
Your check/raise line is good but you should know that if your opponent 3-bets, here the advantage will be of V and not yours because you didn't represent much value checking OTF.
The turn is a bit neutral as V called the flop and didn't 3-bet. Here I like the x/jam line for hero better, since with your Th you could represent the top of your range and V needs really strong hands to continue.
As played the turn the river is an absolute brick, so calling that bet is the best option.
Greetings.

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting hand.
Preflop I like your opening when I'm at a table like yours, where opponents understand your position and the strength of your range.
On the flop you must take the initiative and bet c. It's a dangerous board and you can start cashing out of a lot of hands.If your opponent folds you will have obtained an excellent result.
Your check/raise line is good but you should know that if your opponent 3-bets, here the advantage will be of V and not yours because you didn't represent much value checking OTF.
The turn is a bit neutral as V called the flop and didn't 3-bet. Here I like the x/jam line for hero better, since with your Th you could represent the top of your range and V needs really strong hands to continue.
As played the turn the river is an absolute brick, so calling that bet is the best option.
Greetings.
Thank you for your feed back, much appreciated!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
At 2NL you can raise larger like 3BB, since a lot of players will be calling to wide regardless of your sizing.

Flop
You flopped a set, but its not exactly the nuts, since KJ and J8 flopped a straight. J8 is somewhat unlikely, but he can definitely have all 16 combos of KJ. This does not mean, your hand is not strong enough to go for value. But it does mean, that unless the board pair, this is not a spot, where you want to play for stacks. And for that reason I dont like a check-raise here. Instead I would just make a normal C-bet with intention to call, if he raise. However when he make a silly minimum bet AKA "fish bet", you definitely need to check-raise to charge hands like the one, he had.

Turn
The turn bringing a third heart is not nearly as important, as it might seem. Ah, Qh and 9h are on the table, and you hold Th in your hand. So which realistic heart combos can he even have, when he is only playing 19% of hands? KJ of hearts was a straight on the flop, so that hand was ahead already. The only hands in his range, that moved ahead on this card, are small suited connectors like 87, 86, 76, 75, 65 etc. So maybe 5 more combos are ahead now, but this must be compared with the fact, that 16 combos of KJ were ahead already on the flop.

What he has far more than made flushes are hands, that now picked up a flushdraw. And when you check, you essentially give those a free card to draw out on you. So I think, this check is to scared of a flush. Just because 3 cards of the same suit are on the board, does not mean, flushes make up a large portion of your opponents range. And for that reason I would bet again. I would not go for a check-raise, because the intention is still not to play for stacks, unless the board pair.

River
This is a tough spot, because now he is clearly representing a hand stronger than yours, and the board did not pair. However this is the lowest possible stakes online, and there will be people, who overplay hands or turn weird hands into bluffs. I might have reached a different conclusion, if I did not know the result, but seeing him play top pair like this, you just cant fold a set. So nice call and great result, even though I would have played the flop and turn differently.

Full Flush Poker