$
S

Smevin1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Seems like a pretty standard play 5 handed. Once you've called with your K10 and that flop comes the raise to his continuation bet seems mandatory to me. I don't know if flat calling pre flop in that situation will make you money long term though. The flop here was very fortunate for your weak pre flop call with such a questionable hand. You're behind so much of the time and totally dominated often enough for the fold pre flop to be optimal. If your opponent has been loose pre, then I prefer a raise 3x what the villain puts in. You played if perfect, however post flop. I wonder what you'd have done if he called and checked a turn card of no significance.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't flat in any position preflop other than the Big Blind.

As played... don't both thinking about it. Spend your time learning what to do in standard spots like IPvBB

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Seems like a pretty standard play 5 handed. Once you've called with your K10 and that flop comes the raise to his continuation bet seems mandatory to me. I don't know if flat calling pre flop in that situation will make you money long term though. The flop here was very fortunate for your weak pre flop call with such a questionable hand. You're behind so much of the time and totally dominated often enough for the fold pre flop to be optimal. If your opponent has been loose pre, then I prefer a raise 3x what the villain puts in. You played if perfect, however post flop. I wonder what you'd have done if he called and checked a turn card of no significance.
I percieved that he does not have Q, thats why i tryed bluffing which worked. I know it wont be like that most of the times, andon the long run i would lose. I wanted to know whether my bluff was okay, did my raise make sense, or there are some adjustments that i have to do.

For your information, i wanted to complete cardex challenge, to win with a red 'K' :D

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Don't flat in any position preflop other than the Big Blind.

As played... don't both thinking about it. Spend your time learning what to do in standard spots like IPvBB
What if UTG raises to 3bb, and im on Co with KQo, should i 3bet? Is that what you want to say?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
What if UTG raises to 3bb, and im on Co with KQo, should i 3bet? Is that what you want to say?
GTO Charts usually have a raise to 2.5bb and KQo is a little more weighted to a raise. So I guess if they raise to 3bb it is close but it becomes more a fold than a raise.

In addition to having a flatting range in the BB, it is usually OK to also have one at the button - especially if you have less than expert players in the blinds.

Remember that GTO-Charts and solvers come up with solutions that are best against other GTO-players. If someone makes horrible mistakes pre- or, especially post-flop it can be OK to flat much more than they suggest.

Capture

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If his standard opening size is 3.0bb, meaning you've seen him open 3.0bb from UTG before and not him opening 2.5bb every other time except this one, we are more incentivized to 3-Bet vs the larger 3.0bb sizing than we would be vs a 2.5bb or 2.0bb sizing. We would be more incentivized to flat vs the smaller sizes in a LOW or NO RAKE environment.

However rake is incredibly high at lower stakes which makes flatting less profitable than 3-Betting in most cases as if we see a flop we pay rake. In fact quite often you'll get taught to develop a 3-Bet or Fold Strategy from every position other than the Button (and BB obvs) at stakes up to 50NL/100NL as villains often overfold vs 3-Bets even up to that level and with the exception of a few boards the Preflop raiser has a range advantage on the flop as their range will be uncapped.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
If his standard opening size is 3.0bb, meaning you've seen him open 3.0bb from UTG before and not him opening 2.5bb every other time except this one, we are more incentivized to 3-Bet vs the larger 3.0bb sizing than we would be vs a 2.5bb or 2.0bb sizing. We would be more incentivized to flat vs the smaller sizes in a LOW or NO RAKE environment.

However rake is incredibly high at lower stakes which makes flatting less profitable than 3-Betting in most cases as if we see a flop we pay rake. In fact quite often you'll get taught to develop a 3-Bet or Fold Strategy from every position other than the Button (and BB obvs) at stakes up to 50NL/100NL as villains often overfold vs 3-Bets even up to that level and with the exception of a few boards the Preflop raiser has a range advantage on the flop as their range will be uncapped.
Thanks for the explanation, by the way you understand this i can see that you dont belong to micros :)

S

Smevin1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I percieved that he does not have Q, thats why i tryed bluffing which worked. I know it wont be like that most of the times, andon the long run i would lose. I wanted to know whether my bluff was okay, did my raise make sense, or there are some adjustments that i have to do.

For your information, i wanted to complete cardex challenge, to win with a red 'K' :D
Ok. The raise was mandatory in that scenario with a continuation bet into a paired board like this. If you don't raise there you are a pathetic losing player. Good luck. I still think you should never flat call pre flop there. It's a passive play. You should have reraised pre flop. You were just very lucky to have that flop that is an automatic reraise to his continuation bet. You're only ever in trouble against a few hands, like pocket pairs, a Q and maybe AK. I am interested as to what you'd have done if one of the Q's on the flop was an A?

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Right bluff... Judging by the game, he was on small pair.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As Orifice had said, it's a fold preflop. We can call here, of course, if we have plenty of information that the players in the blinds and the player in the hijack/UTG can be overplayed postflop. Without this information we cannot simply enter a pot where there are great chances to be in a multi-way situation involving the blinds. Our hand here has some playability but this is not enough to guarantee our success postflop.
We should have folded preflop, but once we had entered the pot it is not a good ideia to raise on the flop. If we had a bunch of good hands we would never call in a situation like this, our JJ+ and AQ+ are pratically 3-betting in this same position more often than flatting. So, now that we get a dry flop like this where we only have weak runners as straight and flush and they aren't nutted, we should fold again, not raise. If we are very optmistical we are calling in the same spot with the idea to float turn/river.
Plus, if we are raising this flop we should go for max value and with our best hands that call here such as KTs, 66, Qx, etc, and when I say max value I'm considering stack sizings of both villain and hero. Villain is broken stacked and it is more logical to put all of his chips into the table and stack it off immediatly.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Ok. The raise was mandatory in that scenario with a continuation bet into a paired board like this. If you don't raise there you are a pathetic losing player. Good luck. I still think you should never flat call pre flop there. It's a passive play. You should have reraised pre flop. You were just very lucky to have that flop that is an automatic reraise to his continuation bet. You're only ever in trouble against a few hands, like pocket pairs, a Q and maybe AK. I am interested as to what you'd have done if one of the Q's on the flop was an A?
I was going to fold it