Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
In here i have a week shodonw hand, i could have checked it to the river or i could bluff with the A diamonds(ver good bluff). Wath do you prefere, taking it cheap to the showdonw or turning it into a bluff?

CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

Convert your hand history into forum code, plain text or relive your hand and create animated replays

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Uh ... I definetely wouldn't have bluffed.
Although the villain was also quite fierce a player. Did you analyze him before? Was he playing loose and bluffing? But if so, I also wouldn't have bluffed. Those guys are lucky too often.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
after that turn call im checking river, we get cheaper price for taking notes on the villain

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think you played well. On average you make money vs player like him!

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In here i have a week shodonw hand, i could have checked it to the river or i could bluff with the A diamonds(ver good bluff). Wath do you prefere, taking it cheap to the showdonw or turning it into a bluff?

Convert your hand history into forum code, plain text or relive your hand and create animated replays
Love watching these replays, even with duff hands like this.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet the flop. Never fail to bet the flop when you are the preflop aggressor and then flop a backdoor flush draw, with the ace acting as blocker.
In this sequence you made a 3-bet smaller than the standard recommended size (4x). It is also important to continue to act out the initial aggression. So your goal should be to obtein fold equity from all the speculative hands that called from the BB. And you will get that by betting a big size. It won't help you much to bet 1/3 or check the flop, when you previously under-bet preflop, simply because the value strength of your range won't be very credible.
On the turn you've tried to recover some value, but this could be "read" to mean that you now most likely have the ace of diamond in your range. Because you didn't protect yourself enough from speculative draws on previous street.
The river is definitely not good for your wide range. When I say it's wide, I'm only emphasizing the fact that you bet a smaller size early and then checked on a flop, where you're basically letting a lot of speculative hands improve.
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't play the way you did if you had a hand like AA or QQ.
Greetings.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Firstly is that a Ring Game or Zoom. Cos at that stake it’s often pointless bluffing the river especially how it went.... I’d have called you also with that his hand. Your error was checking the flop with your over cards and BackDoor if you felt invested (grey area). Me personally at that range I’d have checked all the way through most times. Zoom a different matter but who knows lol, mix it up continuously lol. I tend not to Bluff unless it’s a Semi Bluff and/or the way the pot has played its obvious to highly likely I can force folds.

One other thing mind... How did you do that with the Calculator? Does it run alongside your pokersoftware?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

You played okay versus the wrong player. Many times we are going to shove the river with our busted draws, specially busted flush draws when we hold the ace.
Because smart players would have folded to a jam on the river even when they hit the second nut flush of diamonds, because they will understand that hero holds the nut flush with ace of diamonds.
But I’m afraid this is not the case, otherwise you would not post this hand into analysis.
I repeat, it is well played versus known regulars that know when they should fold. Whales are going to call with a bunch of nonsense hands that will make you feel angry, given the size of their idiocy.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I think If I was Villain I'm calling with my pair of 6. You did 3bet preflop and he called, you should c-bet all boards imo, once you check, it seems that you missed the flop. The turn didn't bring a scary card so if villain is good on flop, he's good on turn and same thing river. If I was hero, I'm cbetting flop, jaming turn as A of diamond is on my hand.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think If I was Villain I'm calling with my pair of 6. You did 3bet preflop and he called, you should c-bet all boards imo, once you check, it seems that you missed the flop. The turn didn't bring a scary card so if villain is good on flop, he's good on turn and same thing river. If I was hero, I'm cbetting flop, jaming turn as A of diamond is on my hand.
Don’t know what to state about it. Calling 3-bets OOP having other player behind yet to speak using dominated hands such as baby pocket pairs doesn’t seem a fabulous move in the long run.
Besides how do you know V had a pocket 6’s in the BB position?
Furthermore, we are here trying to help hero, not villain.
As I have said a couple of times, we shouldn’t do anything a 100% of times when we are playing. Hero checked OTF, but he could’ve bet, could’ve check-raise, etc
When we check a flop like that it could be because we have missed it or because we have hit, thus we give a chance for villain to try to bluff us.
Anyway, we should avoid look into results and play the game for real.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Don’t know what to state about it. Calling 3-bets OOP having other player behind yet to speak using dominated hands such as baby pocket pairs doesn’t seem a fabulous move in the long run.
Besides how do you know V had a pocket 6’s in the BB position?
Furthermore, we are here trying to help hero, not villain.
As I have said a couple of times, we shouldn’t do anything a 100% of times when we are playing. Hero checked OTF, but he could’ve bet, could’ve check-raise, etc
When we check a flop like that it could be because we have missed it or because we have hit, thus we give a chance for villain to try to bluff us.
Anyway, we should avoid look into results and play the game for real.
I'm not saying that BB had a 6. I'm saying that he should c-bet all his 3betting range on this type of boards.
Bet flop / bet turn / Jam river is my line.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a pretty dry board, and in principle he played well, but the most important factor here is the microlimits, plus your check added confidence to him, plus look at what country he's from...