Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
VP$IP
PFR
AF
Currency
$
Villain Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 45/24/4
I would like to know my general postflop game eg bet sizing, is there folding river even possible?
How would you have playd?
My turn check-I think It was correct move since theres one color on board.
I personally think villian was slow playing some kind of 3 a kind.
I put villian hand range from PT 4
[P] 3Bet Blind vs steals w/{33} (1)
[P] 3Bet range {33,42o} (2)
[P] Called 2Bet from blinds range {99} (1)
[F] Donks flop with top pair or better (1)
Total 23 hands

UTG: $2.69 (135 bb)
MP: $1.24 (62 bb)
CO: $1.88 (94 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.79 (140 bb)
SB: $0.94 (47 bb)
BB: $0.80 (40 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with K A
2 players fold, CO raises to $0.06, Hero 3-bets to $0.18, 2 players fold, CO calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.39) 3 4 J (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $0.23, CO calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.85) 9 (2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks

River:
($0.85) 2 (2 players)
CO bets $0.82, BU (Hero) folds

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Preflop is fine.

Your flop cbet is way too big for a monotone board, with any hand, but especially AK with no heart. You only have 4 clean pair outs, so not a very good hand to be betting big. Also you only really get called by better hands and the nut flush draw (which will bluff you off your hand later). I would bet more like 25%-33% pot $0.1 - $0.13 and do this with most of my range. A small cbet could also get called by worse e.g. AxQh.

Turn standard check back.

As played river is an easy fold. Yes he could have the nut flush draw but there is loads of flushes, sets, and Jx that could value bet. I wouldn't regard this as a particularly passive line by villain as the flop and turn checks are likely with range and v a big cbet he probably won't raise much either

S

Spondzile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Preflop is fine.

Your flop cbet is way too big for a monotone board, with any hand, but especially AK with no heart. You only have 4 clean pair outs, so not a very good hand to be betting big. Also you only really get called by better hands and the nut flush draw (which will bluff you off your hand later). I would bet more like 25%-33% pot $0.1 - $0.13 and do this with most of my range. A small cbet could also get called by worse e.g. AxQh.

Turn standard check back.

As played river is an easy fold. Yes he could have the nut flush draw but there is loads of flushes, sets, and Jx that could value bet. I wouldn't regard this as a particularly passive line by villain as the flop and turn checks are likely with range and v a big cbet he probably won't raise much either
Thanks for your reply I agree!
Flop cbet I made big because I hoped I can push him fold but yeah lesson nr 1 dont try to bluf in nl2.
Specially against fishy villian with vpip 40+ and also very low hand sample on him.But what do you think if I haved not cbet after flop? IMO it would have showed my weakness after preflop 4bet.
Generally I think I should just check after flop and give up.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks for your reply I agree!
Flop cbet I made big because I hoped I can push him fold but yeah lesson nr 1 dont try to bluf in nl2.
Specially against fishy villian with vpip 40+ and also very low hand sample on him.But what do you think if I haved not cbet after flop? IMO it would have showed my weakness after preflop 4bet.
Generally I think I should just check after flop and give up.

Its OK to bluff at 2NL but you need to big your spots and sizings, here a small cbet gives you good risk/reward. I think its the better play as its hard to continue on most turns (and then rivers) if villain bets, better to check back something that could call a bet, e.g. TT (with T hearts)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop to me depends on how many hands you have with villain, how often they call c bets, and if they know or have seen potentially how you play a flopped flush. On this board with our hand I agree that you have to check one of the streets here whether it is the flop or the turn. I actually like checking back the flop here and seeing what the turn brings and how villain reacts to that turn along with my flop check. I think the above mentioned small flop bet is fine too but on these flops, when we are deep effective, a lot of 1Heart,X hands will call no matter what unless we really try to blow them out of the water and with AK no heart hand you are then just setting money on fire. Its best to check here and then plan on potentially making a turn move or you could also just float some turns with AK as a bluff catcher after you "showed weakness" on the flop by just checking. I get your point about 3 betting here and then checking as it may look weak but would you ever check a monster on the flop after 3 betting and does villain know this? I dont know the answer to those questions but a check here could be taken as a potential trap too so I dont think you are automatically giving up on the hand in the villains eyes when and if you check flop here.

As played river is a fold as once in a while you could catch a bluff here with your AK but not often enough to make up for the times you are running into something that is beating Ace high.

S

Spondzile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Flop to me depends on how many hands you have with villain, how often they call c bets, and if they know or have seen potentially how you play a flopped flush. On this board with our hand I agree that you have to check one of the streets here whether it is the flop or the turn. I actually like checking back the flop here and seeing what the turn brings and how villain reacts to that turn along with my flop check. I think the above mentioned small flop bet is fine too but on these flops, when we are deep effective, a lot of 1Heart,X hands will call no matter what unless we really try to blow them out of the water and with AK no heart hand you are then just setting money on fire. Its best to check here and then plan on potentially making a turn move or you could also just float some turns with AK as a bluff catcher after you "showed weakness" on the flop by just checking. I get your point about 3 betting here and then checking as it may look weak but would you ever check a monster on the flop after 3 betting and does villain know this? I dont know the answer to those questions but a check here could be taken as a potential trap too so I dont think you are automatically giving up on the hand in the villains eyes when and if you check flop here.

As played river is a fold as once in a while you could catch a bluff here with your AK but not often enough to make up for the times you are running into something that is beating Ace high.
Thank you I totally agree with your opinion,villian was fishy but only 23 HH on him.I tend to cbet flop automatically without thinking,I should stop doing that and think deeper before pushing buttons.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would like to know my general postflop game eg bet sizing, is there folding river even possible?
Total 23 hands

2 players fold, CO raises to $0.06, Hero 3-bets to $0.18, 2 players fold, CO calls $0.12
Preflop is standard, that guy is a clown obviously. (3bet range.. VPIP)
That sux. Flop is easily the worst shit ever against such an opponent. He wont fold hearts, he won´t fold any hit. He won´t trust you to have a flush, he will hope you have AQo, AKo and try to bluff often.
CO checks, Hero checks
The only hands you check at this point with a brick on the turn and the given SPR are hands you give up with after that sizing on flop. Opens the door for easy shove on river for clown.
River: ($0.85) 2 (2 players)
River is easy fold.

On this! flop you decide to bluff that (moron). I say bluff and not cbet because of the sizing. On the brick turn you give up. That´s okay given that your opponent won´t fold 90% of the time here. However I think you missplayed the flop big time. If you want to bluff this type of player try something like 25% pot flop, 35-45% pot turn where he thinks oh shit the money will go in 100% on river and he won´t fold to my shove now. I think he never has a monster here lol.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I like your 3-bet from the best table position. You can combine that movement with calls that allow you to expand your range.

Flop
Your bet makes sense. You are polarizing your perceived range, but a V can easily interpret that you have the best overcard for this texture.
Of course the most cautious option is a smaller range bet, but this is not a problem when you can adapt to different situations.

Turn
You slowed down and that's reasonable too. The 9 is not a card that changes the ranges much. V will probably still call you with JTs+, so this move compensates a little for the previous bet.
If you make a second barrel here, you will be forced to act more prudently on rivers that do not favor you.

River
Good fold.
If we had made an OTT bet the question would be whether this V would fold a hand like Jx, but that would be a different sequence.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard 3-bet.

Flop
We are not supposed to do much C-betting on a monotone board, and with no pair and no draw this hand is a check back for me. You have a little bit of showdown value and also some chance to improve.

Turn
As played easy check back.

River
Easy fold. He is betting almost full pot, and you still dont even have a pair. Yes he might be bluffing, but you could potentially even be losing to some bluffs, if for instance he turn a hand like A3 or A4 into a bluff.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Total 23 hands

CO checks, Hero checks

River:
($0.85) 2 (2 players)
You played the hand fine. Altought the flop is not a dream to our range, we have initiative because we made a 3-bet preflop, so no problem. OTT our intention is to check and fold to agression. There wasn't any room for bluffing on the river. Well played.