Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
H Cardschat , im beazer, learning poker at NL2.
how would you play this hand?
I'm beginner player learning - I used to lose all the time playing big pots with holdings of JJ , QQ , KK but I seem to not be losing with these holdings last few weeks.
I would be interested to ask : how would you play this hand?
thanks for the replies to my previous post a few days ago. thanks from beazer.

NL Holdem 0.02(BB)
UTG ($2.12) [VPIP: 20.5% | PFR: 15.5% | AGG: 25.5% | hands: 551]
HJ ($2.02) [VPIP: 28.4% | PFR: 27% | AGG: 56% | Hands: 80]
CO ($13.88) [VPIP: 43.1% | PFR: 38.2% | AGG: 28% | Flop Agg: 28.6% | Turn Agg: 40% | River Agg: 18.2% | 3Bet: 19% | 4Bet: 0% | Hands: 127]
HERO ($2) [VPIP: 16.5% | PFR: 13.2% | AGG: 33.9% | Flop Agg: 46.7% | Turn Agg: 26.5% | River Agg: 16.4% | 3Bet: 6.4% | Fold to 3Bet: 56.3% | 4Bet: 17.4% | Hands: 8416]
SB ($1.17) [VPIP: 15.1% | PFR: 9.6% | AGG: 31% | Hands: 151]
BB ($2.03) [VPIP: 20.6% | PFR: 16.8% | AGG: 29.2% | Hands: 372]

Dealt to Hero: Jd Jh

UTG Folds, HJ Folds, CO Raises To $0.06, HERO Raises To $0.18, SB Folds, BB Folds, CO Calls $0.12

Hero SPR on Flop: [4.67 effective]
Flop ($0.39): 4h 2d Th
CO Checks, HERO Bets $0.19 (Rem. Stack: $1.63), CO Calls $0.19 (Rem. Stack: $13.51)

Turn ($0.77): 4h 2d Th 9c
CO Checks, HERO Checks

River ($0.77): 4h 2d Th 9c 3c
CO Checks, HERO Bets $0.38 (Rem. Stack: $1.25), CO Calls $0.38 (Rem. Stack: $13.13)

CO shows: 8h 8d

HERO wins: $1.46

Attachments

• Hero on BTN with Pocket Jacks A .png
    Hero on BTN with Pocket Jacks A .png
    649.8 KB · Views: 3
  • HERO on BTN pocket JACKs B .png
    HERO on BTN pocket JACKs B .png
    627.5 KB · Views: 3
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
H Cardschat , im beazer, learning poker at NL2.
how would you play this hand?
I'm beginner player learning - I used to lose all the time playing big pots with holdings of JJ , QQ , KK but I seem to not be losing with these holdings last few weeks.
I would be interested to ask : how would you play this hand?
thanks for the replies to my previous post a few days ago. thanks from beazer.

NL Holdem 0.02(BB)
UTG ($2.12) [VPIP: 20.5% | PFR: 15.5% | AGG: 25.5% | Hands: 551]
HJ ($2.02) [VPIP: 28.4% | PFR: 27% | AGG: 56% | Hands: 80]
CO ($13.88) [VPIP: 43.1% | PFR: 38.2% | AGG: 28% | Flop Agg: 28.6% | Turn Agg: 40% | River Agg: 18.2% | 3Bet: 19% | 4Bet: 0% | Hands: 127]
HERO ($2) [VPIP: 16.5% | PFR: 13.2% | AGG: 33.9% | Flop Agg: 46.7% | Turn Agg: 26.5% | River Agg: 16.4% | 3Bet: 6.4% | Fold to 3Bet: 56.3% | 4Bet: 17.4% | Hands: 8416]
SB ($1.17) [VPIP: 15.1% | PFR: 9.6% | AGG: 31% | Hands: 151]
BB ($2.03) [VPIP: 20.6% | PFR: 16.8% | AGG: 29.2% | Hands: 372]

Dealt to Hero: Jd Jh

UTG Folds, HJ Folds, CO Raises To $0.06, HERO Raises To $0.18, SB Folds, BB Folds, CO Calls $0.12

Hero SPR on Flop: [4.67 effective]
Flop ($0.39): 4h 2d Th
CO Checks, HERO Bets $0.19 (Rem. Stack: $1.63), CO Calls $0.19 (Rem. Stack: $13.51)

Turn ($0.77): 4h 2d Th 9c
CO Checks, HERO Checks

River ($0.77): 4h 2d Th 9c 3c
CO Checks, HERO Bets $0.38 (Rem. Stack: $1.25), CO Calls $0.38 (Rem. Stack: $13.13)

CO shows: 8h 8d

HERO wins: $1.46
Thanks for posting.
Preflop fine and standard. We could flat JJ once in a while when we see there’s a highly aggressive player in the blinds and we want to play against it. Or a very loose passive player that calls too often.
But for NLHE 2, if we 3-bet these strong combos +90% of times we are never doing any mistake.
OTF I like our sizing for this flop isn’t that coordinated.
OTT we should continue betting to build the pot aiming an easily jam on river. There’s no reason to slowplay or check our hand OTT.
Now OTR we cannot bet so much because we haven’t built the pot betting OTT. If we bet too large here villain could fold, thus okay, the hand was well played.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would continue betting turn to avoid giving a free card to flush draws and plenty of weaker hands can still call. Any Q, K or A is also bad on the river, so best to get value/protection now

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre: I like 3 betting here because I dont want to just flat here with possible flats behind having JJ. Even if we get squeezed here we would think we are ahead but not all flops would be as conducive as the one we wind up getting so I like 3 betting here to attempt to isolate. I like a little bigger 3 bet sizing such as 3.5x or even 4x but I am more of tourney player so that could be where that is coming from.

Flop: Nice flop of all unders and with two hearts out there makes some more hands villain would be willing to continue with. Villain is 43/38 so they are wide here. Im not worried (against this opponent) of QQ+ just flatting me here pre so this is a bet for sure. I think sizing is fine but I dont hate slightly bigger either depending on how much we think villain floats. I wouldnt go above 60% ish here but I think we could put a few more pennies out there if we wanted to. Thats splitting hairs though.

Turn: Villain could have 109 as wide as they play but I am not concerned about that either and with the board getting a little wetter and we already got a call I dont see why we would not bet here. I would be thinking already on whether this is a 3 street value hand or not even if river came an under that does not complete the flush but either way we fall on that I think its easier to get value on this wet turn board where more stuff would call then check here. If we check here we must feel villain will bluff or believe they are value betting river and that again is villain dependent. Without knowing them Id much rather bet here and try to extract some value from a draw rather than be hopeful they bet river. Plus there are enough river cards out there we dont like so I would rather go to the river with the bettng lead rather than checking back.

River: As played this is a good card although villain is so wide anything is possible but after we check turn we should try to get value from 10x, flop floats of 9x and then the hands that may or may not call like 55-88 although after checking turn I think those hands call more often than not. I think sizing is probably a little too big here but not an issue imo. We are trying to get crying calls from 1 pair hands so I like going smaller here or you could actually go large to try to make it look like a bluff but I prefer the smaller option. Half pot might be the last bet sizing I would choose. However, my guess is my bet in game would be like 15 cents so we are not talking large differences in absolute terms. I think a bigger question would have been if we bet turn are we following up on river as now much fewer 1 pair hands call a 3 barrel and villain is so wide that sets and possible un thought of 2 pair hands could be there so I would be on the fence about tripling here. Thats why I agree with what I think was your thought process of that we have to check somewhere along the line here but I just think its a lot easier getting a call on turn with the board out there than it would be to get a call on the river.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's the big secret to 2NL... don't tell anyone though.

If you have TP or better, keep betting until you are raised.

There's always exceptions here, but this should be your general mentality, because people continue to far w/ a range of hands they shouldn't, and if you are beat, they will generally make it obvious. So if you are raised, and you have a TP or marginal hand, you fold.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Here's the big secret to 2NL... don't tell anyone though.

If you have TP or better, keep betting until you are raised.

There's always exceptions here, but this should be your general mentality, because people continue to far w/ a range of hands they shouldn't, and if you are beat, they will generally make it obvious. So if you are raised, and you have a TP or marginal hand, you fold.
This is a real good piece of advice!
Now could you please go to your thread? There’s some GTO discussion going around.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the others, that you should bet the turn. Maybe your hand is only a 2 street hand, even though that is up for debate, when its 2NL. But there are a lot of bad turn cards, you dont want to bet, like any overcard or any heart. So its better to get that second street on the turn and charge mainly top pair and flushdraws. And on a clean river like this, jamming would not be crazy either, if you had bet the turn and build the pot up for it. It puts him in a tough spot, and a lot of players at 2NL just cant fold top pair, especially when no draws got there.