$2 NL HE 6-max: Fold on the turn with a second nuts?

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
VP$IP
PFR
Currency
$
(According to my Hand2Note vilian only played 25 hands)

Аbout the hand:
If I were to go into analysis of the flop the villain shows that there is probably a top pair. At the turn, the directo pushes; it seems the top pair is something more... Personally, I was waiting for this heart - second strongest hand on the turn - no way to fold...

You, will you fold here (turn), the villain looks pretty strong…

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's hard to see the action in the hand converter, better to have it written out. As far as I can see he just shoves turn for 15x or more!! It's a tough spot, maybe you can just fold everything in this spot if you havent seen him make this play before as a bluff.

Your action before the turn is too passive. Seems a clear 3bet pre to me and good spot to check raise flop. Ok you probably still lose a stack in this exact instance but he will often have a different hand!

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It's hard to see the action in the hand converter, better to have it written out.
The convertet have a options (up right).
It's a tough spot, maybe you can just fold everything in this spot if you havent seen him make this play before as a bluff.
First meet...
Your action before the turn is too passive.
I also come to this conclusion... (But this is no guarantee that he will fold A2s.)  353  354

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I could never fold the second nut flush with only three hearts on the board. Even if the villain went all in on the turn I will still call because only 1 hand beats us . To me this is a bad beat.

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
It's hard to see the action in the hand converter, better to have it written out. As far as I can see he just shoves turn for 15x or more!! It's a tough spot, maybe you can just fold everything in this spot if you havent seen him make this play before as a bluff.

Your action before the turn is too passive. Seems a clear 3bet pre to me and good spot to check raise flop. Ok you probably still lose a stack in this exact instance but he will often have a different hand!
The hands are better in video format. easier to follow.

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips

Аbout the hand:
If I were to go into analysis of the flop the villain shows that there is probably a top pair. At the turn, the directo pushes; it seems the top pair is something more... Personally, I was waiting for this heart - second strongest hand on the turn - no way to fold...

I would small check raise the flop, not to get a fold, but to get a call. Turn, no one is folding.

PS, thanks for posting in video format.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Аbout the hand:

Аbout the hand:

We are never folding here. If it happens that villains owns a better hand, good for it! 😃
Nice hand.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
We are never folding here.
Everything starts preflop, right?...
Would you raise this garbage from BB with 10xbb (for example).

(I not 3bet with KJs, i just... i don't play like this (yet)... my stile of playng is other. According to the chart (which i found recently), above the KJs is 3bet, (if i read it correctly).

As I have watched such games, I have always wondered why they 3bet so much with garbage... ATo, KQo... but what is this :unsure:

Note:

I should point out one more thing...
While i was playing these limits very often they would raise from BB or whatever (3bet), (example) with a hand like a ATs i my last dealt there. Is this way of playng (preflop) is somehow checking for monsters...

Thank you for stopping by, my mate...

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

(I not 3bet with KJs, i just... i don't play like this (yet)... my stile of playng is other. According to the chart (which i found recently), above the KJs is 3bet, (if i read it correctly).

As I have watched such games, I have always wondered why they 3bet so much with garbage... ATo, KQo... but what is this :unsure:

Note:

While i was playing these limits very often they would raise from BB or whatever (3bet), (example) with a hand like a ATs i my last dealt there. Is this way of playng (preflop) is somehow checking for monsters...

Yes, this isn’t garbage, is a hand with a lot of potential postflop and we can mix between calling and 3-betting preflop.
Observe the chart, we should 3-bet, call and fold in order to find balance. We 3-bet because we believe we are ahead of opponent, we call because we think we are breaking even and we fold when there’s too much action before (villain raises too much, there’s also a raisor and a 3-bettor, etc).

Look for specific spots, most of hands are situational and unique.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Note:

KJs is a strong hand not garbage. You are likely ahead of buttons range and will realise equity better by 3betting pre rather than calling.

In this specific hand you might get stacked anyway, but of course you dont know villains hand and the runout ahead of time.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yes, this isn’t garbage, is a hand with a lot of potential postflop and we can mix between calling and 3-betting preflop.
Observe the chart, we should 3-bet, call and fold in order to find balance. We 3-bet because we believe we are ahead of opponent, we call because we think we are breaking even and we fold when there’s too much action before (villain raises too much, there’s also a raisor and a 3-bettor, etc).

Look for specific spots, most of hands are situational and unique.

KJs is a strong hand not garbage. You are likely ahead of buttons range and will realise equity better by 3betting pre rather than calling.

In this specific hand you might get stacked anyway, but of course you dont know villains hand and the runout ahead of time.
For sure the game preflop has changed a lot, since i played this limits... Then 3bet was with pocket pair, and now with a potential hand that you can be stacked with (The pocket pair is not insured against stacking)... But we talking for KJs, there is the proof o_O

I'm behind, boys!!! WOW!!!

(I can think of one case in 0.01/0.02. Some bet preflop with 72o. Here the 3bet make sense (for example)?)

Last edited:
Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would never let go of a hand like that, if the opponent had a better game than mine by the river, congratulations to him!(y)(y)

Folding in Poker