Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
The so-called villain was limping with hands like KQ and raising with pocket pairs… But my idea is different; should i have folded on the flop??? There is a pretty clear sign that the K8o garbage has been defeated; :) i'm just spewing chips with these probable blockers and removers (or whatever the so-called term is, whatever), that are just probabilities(!!!), like the game itself, poker!!!

Pretty, pretty bad, yeah, pretty - that's not a wining poker - that's charity!

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The so-called villain was limping with hands like KQ and raising with pocket pairs… But my idea is different; should i have folded on the flop??? There is a pretty clear sign that the K8o garbage has been defeated; :) i'm just spewing chips with these probable blockers and removers (or whatever the so-called term is, whatever), that are just probabilities(!!!), like the game itself, poker!!!

Pretty, pretty bad, yeah, pretty - that's not a wining poker - that's charity!

Lol, I think that we could be folding this flop. But calling isn’t a terrible idea. However, when we completed a trips and villain gives too much action (bets larger sizing) we could/should be folding more than calling: being realistic, we own most of kings this moments so what the hell is villain betting for? Are we hoping that villain has K7, K5, K4 and even one of those could be beating us. If we get to showdown we split most of times, so follow the rule:
When we find ourselves in pots that we checked with hands like A8o, K8o, even when we hit the nuts we are not so excited. If we hit a top pair we are easily folding, for players will limp almost 100% range, ergo we will find players limping AJ, AQ, AK, KQ, KJ, you name it.
Most of times limpers are doing it with any two suited cards, any suited connectors, any two overcards and any aces suited or off-suited.
Don’t worry, you haven’t done any huge mistake. If you had raised or jammed you could be crying by now. Nice hand, let’s move on and take this lesson.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You cant fold on the flop, and I would call turn too, but by the river I think you are beat most of the time, I.e. more than the 33% equity you need

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think we can be folding on the flop when we flopped top pair. I know the hand is not super strong as we only have 8 kicker but if we are folding that hand to a 4 cent raise then what are we calling with? Once villains would pick up on this (since we would be rarely calling flops) then they would just go to town on us even in 2NL. Flop is a call but turn is more interesting. Part of me would want to raise just to find out know if I am up against 77 or a bigger Kx. Raising is bad there though since you should not get any action from anything less so its one of those bets that doesnt get you anything but information. Therefore, I think I call on turn as well and then river all comes down to what I know about villain. If villain is a thinking villain they could deduce that with 2 spades I would raise any Kx there and since I didnt their Jx is good but they would not bet it as much as they did. I think villains sizing is bad unless they believe you have Kx which would be the case K so not that likely. As played, I am torn since I dont know villain and dont know if they would do this with Q10 or hit a 2nd spade on turn so doubled and then missed river so then bluffed a flush draw. Those holdings are possible and with Kx being limited due to card removal I dont think its bad to call either. My decision on river would be based on how capable villain is of bluffing. Given, though, that the population read on 2NL players is they dont bluff river enough this is probably a fold as played but I am still not sure on that.

I actually think the river is a bet fold spot to be honest. I think their lesser holdings would just check behind so if we are ahead we are not getting any value by checking (villain dependent on that of course and I dont know villain). If we bet, something such as 16 or 18 cents, we are betting for value against their lesser holdings (Jx primarily) and then will get raised by any larger Kx where we can easily fold. I think if villain had bet in that sizing to us after we checked we probably would have (at least I would) call it off anyway.