Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
I don't have enough hands from villain to show stats.

I think it's kind of a cooler, just a bad beat - or would you have played it differently?
This was the only hand (and QTo) that I could put villain to before I called the all-in and would beat me, all other hands with just a pair of Queens, trips with T or straight I would have bet.

pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

guns&roses1971 (UTG): $2.11 (106 bb)
a_281zh078g (MP): $3.30 (165 bb)
Lacroir (CO): $1.77 (89 bb)
farsu (BU): $1.55 (78 bb)
koukou234551 (SB): $2.63 (132 bb)
delta jota my (BB): $3.23 (162 bb)

Pre-Flop:
($0.03) Hero (Lacroir) is CO with 9 9
2 players fold, Lacroir (CO) raises to $0.05, farsu (BU) calls $0.05, 1 fold, delta jota my (BB) calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.16) Q 6 T (3 players)
delta jota my (BB) checks, Lacroir (CO) checks, farsu (BU) checks

Turn: ($0.16) 9 (3 players)
delta jota my (BB) bets $0.10, Lacroir (CO) calls $0.10, farsu (BU) calls $0.10

River: ($0.46) T (3 players)
delta jota my (BB) bets $0.26, Lacroir (CO) raises to $0.64, farsu (BU) folds, delta jota my (BB) raises to $3.08 (all-in), Lacroir (CO) calls $0.98 (all-in)

Total pot:
$3.70 (Rake: $0.16)

Showdown:
delta jota my (BB) shows 9 T (a full house, Tens full of Nines)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 35%, Flop: 93%, Turn: 5%, River: 100%)

Lacroir (CO) shows 9 9 (a full house, Nines full of Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 65%, Flop: 7%, Turn: 95%, River: 0%)

delta jota my (BB) wins $3.54

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I suspect you got fooled by the passive play on the flop and turn. But it's almost never a bluff or overvalued straight when villain re-raises all-in on a paired board and 66 should probably only call your raise.

From BB he should also often check most hands against the raiser so he can have QT, TT, T9 and 66 (QQ is of course almost always a 3-bet so you can count out that).

So the only real value hand that MAYBE can go all-in and you beat is 66 for the lowest boat.

I would fold against most opponents. Your hand has very good absolute value but the relative value against most players that re-raise all-in on a paired board is not that great.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
I like checking especially multiway. With two overcards its basically a check-fold, unless you get a free card and bink.

Turn
Bink! It is however important to note, that KJ, J8 and 87 turned a straight, and KJ is heavily in both players range. J8 and 87 not as much but definitely still some particularly for BB. So your hand is still not exactly the nuts, but at the same time there are a lot of draws to charge or protect from. And you can also get called by two pair or top pair. So I lean a little towards a raise. I think, it makes the hand easier to play, because you define the opponents ranges more. If BTN fold, he is out of the way, and if either player 3-bet, you kind of know, where you are, and can basically take a price to draw to a boat.

River
Another bink and yes I am definitely raising for value. The 3-bet is very strong and hardly ever a bluff. But its $0,98 to win $3,70, and at least you beat 66. That is 3 combos, whereas there are 9 combos of TT, QT and T9. QQ likely 3-bet pre and 96 likely fold. So if he can have 66 for value, you basically only need him to have 1 combo of whatever else, that you beat. Like a rare bluff or overplayed straight. In general folding a full house on a single paired board for less than 100BB is not going to be a winning strategy. So yes I do think, you can chuck this one up to a cooler.

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I suspect you got fooled by the passive play on the flop and turn. But it's almost never a bluff or overvalued straight when villain re-raises all-in on a paired board and 66 should probably only call your raise.

From BB he should also often check most hands against the raiser so he can have QT, TT, T9 and 66 (QQ is of course almost always a 3-bet so you can count out that).

So the only real value hand that MAYBE can go all-in and you beat is 66 for the lowest boat.

I would fold against most opponents. Your hand has very good absolute value but the relative value against most players that re-raise all-in on a paired board is not that great.
I see your point, thanks! To be honest, I believe that on these micro stakes there can be some who will jam with simply a straight or two pairs or trips, unfortunately I didn't have enough data on villain to be able to decide if he's a fish or reg...

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
I like checking especially multiway. With two overcards its basically a check-fold, unless you get a free card and bink.

Turn
Bink! It is however important to note, that KJ, J8 and 87 turned a straight, and KJ is heavily in both players range. J8 and 87 not as much but definitely still some particularly for BB. So your hand is still not exactly the nuts, but at the same time there are a lot of draws to charge or protect from. And you can also get called by two pair or top pair. So I lean a little towards a raise. I think, it makes the hand easier to play, because you define the opponents ranges more. If BTN fold, he is out of the way, and if either player 3-bet, you kind of know, where you are, and can basically take a price to draw to a boat.

River
Another bink and yes I am definitely raising for value. The 3-bet is very strong and hardly ever a bluff. But its $0,98 to win $3,70, and at least you beat 66. That is 3 combos, whereas there are 9 combos of TT, QT and T9. QQ likely 3-bet pre and 96 likely fold. So if he can have 66 for value, you basically only need him to have 1 combo of whatever else, that you beat. Like a rare bluff or overplayed straight. In general folding a full house on a single paired board for less than 100BB is not going to be a winning strategy. So yes I do think, you can chuck this one up to a cooler.
Yes, now I also see that on the turn I must have raised. In this particular situation I think it would have played out the same still as at that point opponent already had two pairs, but on the long run raising it might be more profitable. I was believing too much that I have the nuts and don't need protection - I was wrong for sure.
I was expecting not a bluff but an overplayed straight or two pairs - as I just replied in the above comment, I thought there still might be players on this micro stake who will just pay off anything, but due to the lack of data on villain I was wrong here - might be that if I had more data on him/her, should have folded or just called.
Thanks for your analysis too!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think it's kind of a cooler, just a bad beat - or would you have played it differently?
This was the only hand (and QTo) that I could put villain to before I called the all-in and would beat me, all other hands with just a pair of Queens, trips with T or straight I would have bet.

PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players

Pre-Flop:
2 players fold, Lacroir (CO) raises to $0.05, farsu (BU) calls $0.05, 1 fold, delta jota my (BB) calls $0.03

delta jota my (BB) bets $0.26, Lacroir (CO) raises to $0.64, farsu (BU) folds, delta jota my (BB) raises to $3.08 (all-in), Lacroir (CO) calls $0.98 (all-in)

Total pot:

Showdown:

delta jota my (BB) wins $3.5

I know you lost from your post title-you may consider not preloading results so that you do not bias the viewers outlook.(y)
I do not know the exact results yet watching the viewer-stopped on turn lead by BB

Checking flop is fine- When the BB leads they can have the most nut hands as played 87c/s J8c/s KJc/s as well as the most likely to have a huge combo draw as played QJc AJc KQccThey also can have TT and at this buy-in level QQ played poorly preflop

As to worse made hands they can have AQcc and two pair hands so a great exercise for you to do would be to build that range into EQUILAB-ITS FREE and then look at your equity for 99 vs that range to determine if you want to be playing for stacks on the turn.

I would call with 99 in this spot because even the two pair hands can outdraw me and there is a third player live who could have some of the nut hands as well.

Two callers terrible river card The ten is not a safe card for us QT makes a full now that was one of our value targets -when we played the turn we wanted to start thinking about what we are going to do on the river already before we see the card.

On the river we ask this question---what are we bluffing here? Are we trying to get a straight to fold? In a 2 NL game?

Other than 99 what other full houses do we have as played? Are we ever checking QQ 66 on flop?

When we min click it back and they shove are they shoving enough worse hands for us to call?

This is a very difficult spot the key is to think about my last statement are they shoving enough worse hands--if yes call if no then exploit fold.

this was an ugly cooler so do not feel badly about losing here.

:unsure::geek:

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players

Pre-Flop:

Total pot:

Showdown:

delta jota my (BB) wins $3.54
Try to play cash having a full stack, to begin with. As played, preflop and flop is fine but on the turn we should've raised more often than calling. There are two possible flushes of clubs and spades to complete on the river plus there are several possible combinations of straights, so we are raising for value and for protection in order not to give a cheap river for villains: on top of that we are facing two opponents instead of one, which reduces our chances to win the pot drastically.
On the river we got a pretty good hand and there wasn't much room for another move than just jam right off the bat or call any jams because villain can have a bunch of dominated hands such as Tx, 66, Q9, KJ, whatever.