Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Hero) is MP with J T
596fae68 (UTG) raises to $0.05, Hero (MP) calls $0.05, 4 players fold

Flop: ($0.13) 9 A 4 (2 players)
596fae68 (UTG) bets $0.07, Hero (MP) calls $0.07

Turn:
($0.27) 5 (2 players)
596fae68 (UTG) checks, Hero (MP) bets $0.21, 596fae68 (UTG) calls $0.21

River: ($0.69) 8 (2 players)
596fae68 (UTG) checks, Hero (MP) bets $0.21, 596fae68 (UTG) raises to $1.30 (all-in), Hero (MP) .....???

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Preflop: calling here is fine if we are mixing 30% call, 30% 3-bet and 30% fold. The remaining 10% of times we must use our own creativity to decide what to do.
Villain 1/2 pot and we don’t need to raise it, we have position and a flush draw. We must have in mind that UTG is betting for value its AA, AK, AQ, AJ, 99, maybe 44, A4s, A9, and even a bigger maybe JJ, QQ and KQ.
Villain also bets its bluffs, the flush draws of spades same as ours. Villain doesn’t have any other bluffs from UTG, we don’t see 32, 52 opening from UTG.
OTT villain checks with the same range: his sets and pairs would also check for pot control and his flushes will check to extract more of dominated hands/lower flushes. Our bet here is good because at the micros many players will get sticky go their pairs or sets and won’t leave it in spite of the board texture. The sizing is also fine.
On the river we could’ve checked to realize our equity and also bet for value. When villain jams right off the bat we have such a great price, nonetheless we must ask ourselves if villain would do it with his pairs and sets that got OTR. If we think it would, we are calling for the price is good.
However, if we do think villain is only raising river with flushes, they oughta be flushes that have us beat.
We should fold to this raise when villain will only display the nutted flushes it has, and villain has all of Queens of Spades, Kings of Spades and Aces of Spades.
At higher levels we could expect villains shoving missed flushes and draws, but hey: this is NLHE 2, players are dumb but when they raise river they are Phyl Ivey!

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Preflop: calling here is fine if we are mixing 30% call, 30% 3-bet and 30% fold. The remaining 10% of times we must use our own creativity to decide what to do.
Villain 1/2 pot and we don’t need to raise it, we have position and a flush draw. We must have in mind that UTG is betting for value its AA, AK, AQ, AJ, 99, maybe 44, A4s, A9, and even a bigger maybe JJ, QQ and KQ.
Villain also bets its bluffs, the flush draws of spades same as ours. Villain doesn’t have any other bluffs from UTG, we don’t see 32, 52 opening from UTG.
OTT villain checks with the same range: his sets and pairs would also check for pot control and his flushes will check to extract more of dominated hands/lower flushes. Our bet here is good because at the micros many players will get sticky go their pairs or sets and won’t leave it in spite of the board texture. The sizing is also fine.
On the river we could’ve checked to realize our equity and also bet for value. When villain jams right off the bat we have such a great price, nonetheless we must ask ourselves if villain would do it with his pairs and sets that got OTR. If we think it would, we are calling for the price is good.
However, if we do think villain is only raising river with flushes, they oughta be flushes that have us beat.
We should fold to this raise when villain will only display the nutted flushes it has, and villain has all of Queens of Spades, Kings of Spades and Aces of Spades.
At higher levels we could expect villains shoving missed flushes and draws, but hey: this is NLHE 2, players are dumb but when they raise river they are Phyl Ivey!
Thnx my friend.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Tough spot as you will be shown a better flush often. The only thing that might persuade me to call is that its unusual at 2NL for him to only check call a flush on the turn and check river risking you check back. His line is quite consistent with Ace spades without a flush, I.e. AKo, AQo etc, but on the other hand alot of villains wont run these big bluffs, trying to get you off what is likely a flush. So exploitatively this is probably be a fold though theory would probably say this is a call.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Tough spot as you will be shown a better flush often. The only thing that might persuade me to call is that its unusual at 2NL for him to only check call a flush on the turn and check river risking you check back. His line is quite consistent with Ace spades without a flush, I.e. AKo, AQo etc, but on the other hand alot of villains wont run these big bluffs, trying to get you off what is likely a flush. So exploitatively this is probably be a fold though theory would probably say this is a call.
Thank you.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How does your villain play postflop? He is aggressive? Passive?
If it's passive I'm okay with betting the turn. And I like the size you chose. Here depending on the opponent you face you can choose a larger or smaller size. In micro stakes I like to overbets to force calls with spade blockers (As, Ks) and eventually push the river when another spade doesn't land.
But if your opponent is more aggressive postflop, I like to check the turn to induce him to bluff the river.
As played OTR I don't like villain's raise, but I guess you chose to play that way because you think V is wide enough.
The problem is that the 9s on the board, greatly reduces the minors flush combos that they could now bet. The most probable could be 87ss and 76ss. That is assuming that the V does indeed have a very wide opening range.
I will not advise you to fold an OTR flush in these cases. But I tell you that here it is very unlikely that V is bluffing with a lower flush scale than yours.
I think the main adjustment here could be to pick a better hand to play preflop. Note that you only have position regarding MP and the blinds, but 2 players have position on you. If you were the Button, you could try a slightly more aggressive line, but my advice again would be to try it with stronger hands.
Greetings.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
How does your villain play postflop? He is aggressive? Passive?
If it's passive I'm okay with betting the turn. And I like the size you chose. Here depending on the opponent you face you can choose a larger or smaller size. In micro stakes I like to overbets to force calls with spade blockers (As, Ks) and eventually push the river when another spade doesn't land.
But if your opponent is more aggressive postflop, I like to check the turn to induce him to bluff the river.
As played OTR I don't like villain's raise, but I guess you chose to play that way because you think V is wide enough.
The problem is that the 9s on the board, greatly reduces the minors flush combos that they could now bet. The most probable could be 87ss and 76ss. That is assuming that the V does indeed have a very wide opening range.
I will not advise you to fold an OTR flush in these cases. But I tell you that here it is very unlikely that V is bluffing with a lower flush scale than yours.
I think the main adjustment here could be to pick a better hand to play preflop. Note that you only have position regarding MP and the blinds, but 2 players have position on you. If you were the Button, you could try a slightly more aggressive line, but my advice again would be to try it with stronger hands.
Greetings.
Thnx!