2/5NL QQ vs Loose Pre-flop player

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was one of my first encounters with Chipreeks. He was calling a lot of raises pre-flop but not playing a lot of hands down to the river. Not many other reads on him. Just wondering if everyone else would have played this similarly.

pokerstars Game #20787236485: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2008/09/29 10:55:18 ET
Table 'Mebsuta IV' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: lemlywinks ($7.71 in chips)
Seat 2: assendelft1 ($10.85 in chips)
Seat 3: brigante56 ($5.66 in chips)
Seat 4: chipreeks ($5.53 in chips)
Seat 5: Qgelis ($5.20 in chips)
Seat 6: rob_seat ($10.84 in chips)
Qgelis: posts small blind $0.02
rob_seat: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to lemlywinks [Qc Qs]
lemlywinks: raises $0.15 to $0.20
assendelft1: folds
brigante56: folds
chipreeks: calls $0.20
Qgelis: folds
rob_seat: folds
*** FLOP *** [9h 9s Tc]
lemlywinks: bets $0.25
chipreeks: raises $0.80 to $1.05
lemlywinks: ???

He was a pretty loose player that would seem to stay in on draws and TPTK but this raise left me wondering. Do you fold here?

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'd bet a little more on the flop, closer to .30. there are no flush draws, but T9x boards are still fairly drawy since people love to play KQ/KJ/QJ/87 hands to a raise and are basically never folding those to one bet, so you might as well get as much value as you can

at these stakes i'd just shove over his raise and expect to get called by a T or JJ or maybe worse stuff. i figure huge hands like a 9 or better will slowplay here way more than they should, and even if they raise, i think they'll make it smaller most of the time.

if you were in position, you could consider calling and re-evaluating the turn, and it's still something you could do, but there's enough value in pushing, and you don't want to be out of position when a scare card hits. if he has a 9 or TT so be it, but it's not all that likely

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's what I figured, and did. I shoved over the top of him figuring his range was more likely a 10 or even 55-JJ. I'll post the results later today just in case more want to comment. Thanks though for the advice