10NL: QQ flopped overpair

C

chink44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain in this hand was 55/5/1 over 20 hands, so not much information really over this short period. 4x the BB is my standard raise and I am obviously trying to get value/push people out of this hand because I rather play it HU or against only 2 opponents. This is a decent flop for my QQ and I c=bet almost the pot. His check raise is really odd here because when you get check raised you usually wind up seeing a set or FD (not always the case). But when they check raise you, you usually see it as a check min-raise (again, not always the case). So, whats our play here?

1. Fold, we could possibly be up against AA or KK, but unlikely.

2. Call. Call and evaluate on the turn. See if a scare card peels off, or if he bets into us on the turn?

3. Raise, because we can get value if we have the best hand here, but we are committing ourselves here if he happens to shove. Not bad because we still may have the best hand at this point.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($10)
MP1 ($10.50)
MP2 ($7.05)
CO ($1.80)
Hero (Button) ($10)
SB ($28)
BB ($2.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q
heart.gif
, Q
diamond.gif

2 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.40, 2 folds, MP2 (poster) calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95) 10
heart.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
(2 players)
MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.80, MP2 raises $2.10, Hero ??

SusieP

SusieP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fido you have any history with the player or a read on him at all?

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think his most likely holding here is a set. If I am reading the hh right he called the bb then called your raise. That doesnt' say AA or KK though still possible. He is pretty loose and didn't raise so I think getting it in here is +ev against his likely range. I hesitate though only becuase he is not very aggressive and the check raise seems out of character.