* * Total folds this street: 5
* * Potsize: $3.65
Flop:
* * 9♠ K♣ Q♣
* * Hero: checks
* * UTG+1 bets [$1]
* * BTN raises $7 to $8
* * Hero ????
BTN is 13/4/6.7 over 300 hands and UTG+1 is pretty loose but over a sample that is in the teens and shouldnt be considered. I originally put button on AK on the 3 bet, i would think he would do a bet to 1.4 or so with AA, KK or QQ. Does he have KK or QQ or J10s here often enough for me to consider a fold after action like that? IMO I shove here for my last .90 and he has AA, AK, KQ here often enough to make it profitable. Am I making the correct decision there most of the time?

Last edited:
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should basically never fold a set in this spot (at these stakes especially). just shove.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree completely with Vanquish. I would never fold this and I don't mean almost never. To many hands here that you're ahead of (AA, AK, K9, Q9, KQ, flush draws, straight draws) might do this to even consider it, IMO.

D

Dr_Dick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set over set happens but it is very rare. And the action up to this point smells of AA more than KK/QQ. Granted there is a possible straight on the board and a flush draw, but BTN is way overbetting his hand. If I was to re-raise to 12xBB I'm not putting my opponent on JT (which is ahead of my set anyway) and I'm not putting my opponent on playing suited connectors. So while given the flop is draw heavy I would play my set strong, I don't see me pushing $8 for a $4.65 pot. The only way I'm pushing this hard is if I'm the one with the draw and I've decided to make a move or if I have AA or AK and really don't want to see another card.

So call as you are ahead here often enough to make it profitable.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should probably fold to the 3bet preflop. Your risking over 10 percent of your stack to setmine, not too mention you may get squeezed from the original raiser. As played you have to get the money in on the flop.