[100nl FR] AQs top pair and nut flush draw

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you call the flop, I think you have to have to have to lead out on the turn, regardless what comes. You just called an ace-high, twoflush flop. Your opponent has very little choice but to put you on

a) an ace,
b) a flushdraw or
c) a light peel (I don't even know what that would be with, here)

... so I think your opponent betting the turn with anything less than AK is a mistake, and then it's up to you to ask yourself: "does he seem like the kind of guy who makes mistakes?" Specifically, does he make mistakes versus you here? Do you have a loose image?

I have to get cut this short because my ride just got here, but omg LEAD THE TURN!

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like flatting the flop bet for a couple of reasons: you are more likely to get MP player to come along with his marginal range and that helps you build the pot. For 100BB deep, you need to be playing for stacks on this flop imo. Thus, you need to figure out how to build the pot. You are crushing the ranges of the villains and your hand is at the upper end of your range (as perceived by villains) imo.

Leading the turn if it is a blank will not maximize your value imo. Again, you'd be way ahead of their range and besides 56, there is really no draw to worry about on that flop. Almost any straight will need runners. That is a chance I'm willing to take. Checking the turn will possibly induce a turn bet by AJ or AT ("to protect vs flush draw" in villain's mind). If MP gets folded out on turn, I would consider open shoving river (given stack sizes at that point and your hand value vs villain's range and his possible call with weaker aces that he wouldn't bet when checked to). Again, you crush his range and should be happy to play for stacks here.

If the flush hits on the turn, you must lead for about 1/2 pot imo or perhaps just under. You need to be more concerned about the action getting checked on the turn and another spade hitting the river thus killing the chance for a big pot. You want to take their $$ via the installment method in that scenario.

joos

joos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After looking more at the postflop I lead this flop with the intentions of getting it in. I haven't played FR since the micro's though and seems like everyone just set mines

Full Flush Poker