[100nl FR] 666 bottom set

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if it wasn't a super-passive fish I probably C/C this river. Let him continue his bluff. Problem is like I said this is a super-passive fish. I think you're being a bit results-oriented though and this guy has trips/boat/flush most of the time here. Kinda weird for super-passive fish to do this though lol.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if it wasn't a super-passive fish I probably C/C this river. Let him continue his bluff. Problem is like I said this is a super-passive fish. I think you're being a bit results-oriented though and this guy has trips/boat/flush most of the time here. Kinda weird for super-passive fish to do this though lol.

Obviously results oriented, yes. Just went to look through my database to show you that even though it makes no sense, it does happen from time to time.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd just like to jump in and say this is an amazing thread. VN discussion. :)

P

Punter11235

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, preflop hand. He calls with 23%. I made sure all PPs were included and adjusted the other ones to get it to a 22.8% range. We can take out AA/KK and probably AK. Be nice to know villain's 3-bet range to be sure on this, especially with hands like AK/QQ/JJ. Just for this sake I'll leave AKo in and assume he 3-bets AKs.

QQ-22, AQ-A9, A8s-A7s, AKo, K9+, K8s-K7s, QT+, Q9s-Q8s, JT, J9s, T9s

Pretty drawy flop, so I say villain will float with:

A high, any pair other than underpair, 2 pair, or a set. Although he should be raising a set here he should also be raising anything else that takes this entire line (including river C/R) that isn't a backdoor flush draw, which isn't that likely.

Turn we'll give villain TP or better, still including flush draws.

Then river comes, and say villain pulls the C/R with: sets, 2-pair, and flushes.

Of course the Pokerazor is crap and won't let me view anything to do with after the river raise.

Yeah it is :(
Soon there will be option in hand explorer to see if calling is profitable if you insert Villain's betting range on the river.
For now if you want to see if it's better to bet/call or just check behind on the river you need to use advanced tool.

Link to Pokerazor main tool save explaining this case

Image explaining results, view, tree and changes you can make in assumptions :

Conclusion :

If he doesn't float ace high it's probably the best to just check behind.
If he does float ace high on the flop and we hope he will call our river bet with top pair it's better to bet.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he doesn't float ace high it's probably the best to just check behind.
If he does float ace high on the flop and we hope he will call our river bet with top pair it's better to bet.

Really? Wow, counterintuitive to me. I really need to download Pokerazor and try it out myself. :)

Oh, and welcome to cardschat. Great to have someone like you here.