$1000 NLHE 6-max: KK in a 4-bet pot. Did’t I play it too cautiously and missed a ton of value?

F

Falcon1803

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1000 NLHE 6-max: KK in a 4-bet pot. Did’t I play it too cautiously and missed a ton of value?

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 29/23/2

There were 4 of us at the table. I was UTG (CO) with KcKs, the villain on BB (VPIP 29, PFR23, CC12, AF2,5, 3B 10,8, Call 3 Bet 36%, Fold vs 3 bet 52%, 4 Bet 12%, Fold vs 4 Bet 50%). The villain is rather strong and cunning, capable of good bluffs and trapping. He is usually much tighter, maybe the loose table loosened him a bit.
We were deep – 2200$ each.
I bet 30, he raises 110, I raise 270, he calls. It is 545$ before the flop. At the time I put him at TT, JJ, QQ, AK(I saw him going all in with AK against 4-bet deep-stacked. He played rather loose at this table so I didn’t discount TT). The flop is Jd6c9d. He checks, I check back. I wanted some pot control with just an overpair as the pot was allready big and we were deep. The turn is 3d, I bet 272,5, he calls. At this moment, as he called 4-bet preflop and called my turn bet I discounted all AK except AdKd and put him on TT, JJ, QQ, AdKd (16 combos). The river is a brick 2s, he checks, I check back. I was scared of a slowplayed set with pocket JJ and a flush with AdKd. Of course, it is only 4 combos out of 16. Also, he didn’t raise the turn knowing that I might check the river back as I did on the flop. So it was his only chance to let the pot grow… Now that I think of it I think I was too timid and missed a lot of value. Probably I should have bet the flop, check the turn and bet the river again…. What do you think?