$100 NLHE 6-max: tripling fish

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deco whats your flatting range vs reg LP opens?

AA+ right?

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deco whats your flatting range vs reg LP opens?

AA+ right?

Depends on their steal%, their bet sizing, their F3B%, their 4bet% how often I've 3bet villain recently, whether I can stack them with a set on dry boards, whether I'm in the SB or BB and if in the SB whether the BB is likely to squeeze.

Assuming an average steal% from the button of 50%, a really high F3B and a 3x open I'd flat.
{AJo,KQo,AQo, AQs, ATs, A9s, QJs, T9s, JJ-66}
2x open
{A2s+, 45s+, 35s+,22+, AT, AJ,KQ, KJ}

Give or take depending on the other factors which will mostly tighten this range further by 3betting the top of my flatting range or folkding the bottom off it.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deco, what is your big blind loss rate i'm interested to know because i've done a lot of studying on blind play recently, for FR tables and select for when table is full if you could?

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-30 and -53 which is pretty bad I think. They were -19 and -40 last year.
Could just be variance though, only 22K hands on each. Also the figures from last year where 6max which is going to have better winrates.

I've vastly increased my flatting range this year so would be interesting to see if it's had a negative or positive effect. What are yours?

If I remove my sucky 200NL hands I have 17K on each for -43 and -27.
I should get round to making some filter threads.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ach that winrate confidence calculator I use to test to what degree a winrate is accurate is down. I should really get round to learning the maths for confidence intervals myself.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ach that winrate confidence calculator I use to test to what degree a winrate is accurate is down. I should really get round to learning the maths for confidence intervals myself.

Just done a 2,000 word essay on confidence intervals and they SUCK. Thanks for the advice earlier, your a decent player and I respect your opinions, shame you're such a nit :) (I joke).

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-53 in the bb isn't bad/great, mines around there at the moment but i've totally revamped my blind play just this month so will tell you in a couple months how it goes. After a lot of studying, the best regs are like getting that down to -35 to -40, its obviously really prone to variance so i have no idea what my true loss rates are yet but after studying numerous regs (good and bad) the general thing is, tight defending ranges are losing -60 in the bb which is around the average loss rate you see regs have (so obviously isnt good but atleast we're below that) the best are getting this down to below -40.

Your small blind loss rate does seem pretty poor though, either that or im pro cause over 28k hands in the sb i'm at -14bb/100 (i filtered both by 8-9 players at the table too so that number isnt higher than it should due to HU play or something) I mean it could be variance but good players have -20 or lower in the small blind it seems from my research

Hopefully in a few months i can get my bb loss rate closer to -45 and then i'll be happy.

Also deco, i dont understand why 6max blind rates would have better results? WR's tend to be pretty identical for the best players and average players in 6m and FR, and if anything, one thing that 6max players do slightly better than FR players on average, is defend their blinds.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also deco, i dont understand why 6max blind rates would have better results? WR's tend to be pretty identical for the best players and average players in 6m and FR, and if anything, one thing that 6max players do slightly better than FR players on average, is defend their blinds.

7 people are attacking your blinds as opposed to 5 so your forced to fold much more.