$100 NLHE 6-max: tptk in 3bet pot vs competent reg

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting hand, so its either x/c or shove.

Wait why dont we bet like $40 here, we'll get calls from Ax far more often and will know if he comes over the top that he has a J every time. I dont see why we need to go to pottery class OTR here. Can we not just value bet?

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah but we're not balanced here bluff/value wise, we have way more value hands than bluff hands that get to the river.

all our suited broadway cards that would make up most of that range flat pre a lot.

so shoving AK here isn't balanced right?

and I wanna make it more on the flop and turn so when we shove river we can get called wider, river shove for pot seems a bit big when we have a thinnish value hand.

edit: its not a x/c or shove spot at all..

bet/folding $40 with $29 behind is pretty bad even if we know we're always behind.. I said make it $15-20ish but i'm still not too happy about that.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting hand, so its either x/c or shove.

Wait why dont we bet like $40 here, we'll get calls from Ax far more often and will know if he comes over the top that he has a J every time. I dont see why we need to go to pottery class OTR here. Can we not just value bet?

x/c is out of the question, what do you mean go to pottery class OTR? I dunno how i feel about betting half pot or 2/3 pot here, if i were bluffing id just ship it in cause if i had a value hand i would want to ship it in also. Might be a spot we can use different sizing with our whole range cause we dont have so many bluffs and arent as polarised but i'm not sure, will think about the pros and cons of that as a strategy

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pottery class = PSB, duhh

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just think we get more calls from a smaller bet, and we can then fold to a shove. We save $$$ when he has it and win more $$$ when he calls with the Ax he wouldnt call a shove with.

Pottery class is just betting the pot.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just think we get more calls from a smaller bet, and we can then fold to a shove. We save $$$ when he has it and win more $$$ when he calls with the Ax he wouldnt call a shove with.

Pottery class is just betting the pot.
Great if villain just calls with his entire range and has zero bluff shoving range. Otherwise not so good.

Obviously nitky was a joke but I do think limiting his shove calling range to only AQ is too tight (and I think you even mentioned that he might fold AQ to a shove). I still think it's a shove but if we do check it should be to ch/f.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great if villain just calls with his entire range and has zero bluff shoving range. Otherwise not so good.

Obviously nitky was a joke but I do think limiting his shove calling range to only AQ is too tight (and I think you even mentioned that he might fold AQ to a shove). I still think it's a shove but if we do check it should be to ch/f.

Surely villain will know how little we have behind and therefore should (should being the operative word) have a zero bluff shoving range. Unless villain has floated two streets to deliberately bluff the river then I cant see him not having a hand worthy of showdown. So we should get calls from Ax and shoves from Jx. KQ is the only hand I really see floating the flop, then floating the turn to bluff the river and I doubt he does it over a small bet.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely villain will know how little we have behind and therefore should (should being the operative word) have a zero bluff shoving range. Unless villain has floated two streets to deliberately bluff the river then I cant see him not having a hand worthy of showdown. So we should get calls from Ax and shoves from Jx. KQ is the only hand I really see floating the flop, then floating the turn to bluff the river and I doubt he does it over a small bet.
If you're planning on bet/folding (with so little left behind) then he should have a bluff shove range.

What hands do you think he calls $30 with? What hands do you think he calls a shove with?

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're planning on bet/folding (with so little left behind) then he should have a bluff shove range.

What hands do you think he calls $30 with? What hands do you think he calls a shove with?

I think we get calls from AQ everytime. AT most likely, and give him the chance to make a mistake with A rag, but I doubt those are in his range so much. Maybe even QQ.

I think everything else but AQ folds to a shove. I think we get like 50-60% calls from AQ there, maybe less. Not sure if it makes up for the times we get called by Jx.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm prob going to be calling with all pp a certain % of the time so narrowing his calling range that's done so far to AQ is just lol nitty.
So obv I'm in favour of jamming.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I bet flop a bit bigger. You think about checking turn? As played it's kinda gross probably pretty close between shove and ch/f I think it has to be a fold if you check though readless.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't know why i didnt think of checking the turn at the time :/ can kind of see it being good if we arent bluffing a lot here right? cause we need to strengthen our checking range and even check some Jx? otherwise it seems when we check we can never have the nuts which might be bad