$100 NLHE 6-max: Top pair line check

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FP why not 3 1/2x raise the flop i know his range is opened wide an you would be running out worse hands.But that is one heavy draw board i would be 90% sure i had the best an we know he is going to c bet atc.IMO the flat call gives q9 a chance or maybe a3 off that just got the flush draw on the turn a fired two barrels.

If Q9 will fire any turn and A3o will fire many turns, then I don't want them to fold. We're not going to lose a big pot when we get outdrawn (not big enough, anyway) so we shouldn't be overly concerned with getting drawn out on. We should raise if we think there's a ton of value in it - and like I said, this especially means if we think he'll spazz out on the flop and do something silly like shove very light - but otherwise I think we're better off in the long run letting him bluff twice. Even if that means occasionally being drawn out on.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok fp i get point as long as he still fires 16 or close to it on the turn with out improveing but if he weak beats the turn still not sure like 7-9 or something silly.