$100 NLHE 6-max: JJ facing 54x raise...

ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$100 NL HE 6-max: JJ facing 54x raise...

For 10 hands he had been playing some fun stats, something around 100/62/3. I'd also seen him over shove on the turn after checking flop for 6 times the pot. He had min raised once or twice and I was pretty sure he had 5x'd once... seems like an easy stack off with JJ, but still, does anyone in the world find joy in pretty much burning 50 bucks here with small pairs and stuff like that, or do you think he's just using his stupid image with AA/KK?

And just as importantly... what SHOULD be my range for shoving with this info, give or take?

(fingers crossed for no double post)

Stacks:
* timofey1955 with $75.55
* BTN with $157.20
* SB with $100.00
* BB with $118.05

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds: $0.00/$0.00
Site: pokerstars
* * Dealt to SB:J♥ J♦
* * Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* * timofey1955 raises $53 to $54
* * 1 players fold.
Hero ????

C

Coramoor_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends, at best you're coinflipping in this situation and he probably has you dominated, this is a fold pretty much every time even with the read you have on him, it's a ludacris bet for him to not have ak or aa kk qq

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm, I snapshove like 99+ and AQs+ vs this guy here. Hes almost never doing this with a big hand.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we're 4 handed, im prob snap shoving 88+ and AJs

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i snap shove TT+, A-Qs+ and probably K-Qs.. its 4 handed and hard to believe ur not ahead.

W

WossaPotOddz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's tough because if he isn't being a spazzo with a premium hand then he's being a spazzo with such a wide range that our range is either a super tight KK+ or a super wide 66+ AT+ KQ+.

I would err on the side of caution here and go with TT+, AK but if you are confident that he's a lunatic then I agree with the 88+, AJs range.

Maybe he's drunk and mis-typed into the betting box and slipped on the 4 when he hit the 5.

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get it in quick-like. So fast.

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For 10 hands he had been playing some fun stats, something around 100/62/3. I'd also seen him over shove on the turn after checking flop for 6 times the pot. He had min raised once or twice and I was pretty sure he had 5x'd once... seems like an easy stack off with JJ, but still, does anyone in the world find joy in pretty much burning 50 bucks here with small pairs and stuff like that, or do you think he's just using his stupid image with AA/KK?

And just as importantly... what SHOULD be my range for shoving with this info, give or take?

(fingers crossed for no double post)

Stacks:
* timofey1955 with $75.55
* BTN with $157.20
* SB with $100.00
* BB with $118.05

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds: $0.00/$0.00
Site: Pokerstars
* * Dealt to SB:J♥ J♦
* * Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* * timofey1955 raises $53 to $54
* * 1 players fold.
Hero ????

What villain playing this bad suddenly takes his image into account?

Marklar

Marklar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where are you finding these tables?!?

agree with everyone else about shoving against this guy

Marklar

Marklar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends, at best you're coinflipping in this situation and he probably has you dominated, this is a fold pretty much every time even with the read you have on him, it's a ludacris bet for him to not have ak or aa kk qq

no way... Guy raises well more than half the hands he's dealt. It's not like he's 3-betting or 4-betting here. He's first to open. You have NO information other than he raised (what else is new?)... and raised big. The fact that he raised big is the only concerning thing but based on his style it shouldn't be too surprising.

I wouldn't shove with a small pair because of the greater chance of flipping against a hand like 98 . But I think I can shove JJ here. If he actually has a hand here then good for him. Doubt he's gonna change his style after winning that pot... He may leave, which would suck, but if he stays there are more opportunities ahead.

Last edited:
ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I pushed and he decided K3s was good to open shove with lol. He actually flopped a flush draw but somehow I held. I think AK, TT+ is a good range yeah. Not including AQ or 88/99 until I see him do it with crap. Thanks everyone

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he had a bigger pair, even with him playing crazy i dont see him open raising 54x BB with a hand he wants action with so he probably have a small pair or Axs and JJ is welll within the range u should be shoving with against this crazy man.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I pushed and he decided K3s was good to open shove with lol. He actually flopped a flush draw but somehow I held. I think AK, TT+ is a good range yeah. Not including AQ or 88/99 until I see him do it with crap. Thanks everyone

that is rediculously nitty, your 4 handed, 4 handed i get 77+,aj+ in for value against regs, never mind against someone open shoving.

W

WossaPotOddz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is rediculously nitty, your 4 handed, 4 handed i get 77+,aj+ in for value against regs, never mind against someone open shoving.

In tens of thousands of hands, i've never seen a reg open raise 54x the big blind and if I did then 77+,aj+ probably isn't the most profitable range in the world.

This is a fairly unique situation and some degree of caution has to be taken, even if it is V's a complete and utter lunatic.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was referring to just standard 4 handed tables, not when a reg opens to 54x the bb

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'd snap call. this just happened recently except it was a $35 open from sb to my BB and I had TT... he had A3o. Regardless of the outcome I wouldn't be results oriented.

A

aceup21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well

Well, with what all you said, my read on this guy would be he had Ace Rag. Playing four handed too! I would have jumped all over it with JJ. Theres no way he would do that with aces in a cash game playing four handed. OR he just had everyone fooled and was playing off that image at the table trying to take all your money with AA, kk, qq