$100 NL Flopped trips against strange river action

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very few reads, id just busted a short stack with a flopped straight against a slow played AA.

My turn bet was a little small, and hoping to encourage some calls or to induce a bluff off Ace rag. The flat calling seems worrying, hence the small river bet.

pokerstars Game #8541320302: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/02/20 - 19:30:57 (ET)
Table 'Queteleta' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: RML1983 ($61.75 in chips)
Seat 2: ksaksa ($107 in chips)
Seat 3: djquelch ($121 in chips)
Seat 4: CPPGuru ($101.10 in chips)
Seat 5: chizzler0 ($106.70 in chips)
Seat 6: Min9 ($92.90 in chips)
Seat 7: capodu ($98.55 in chips)
Seat 8: tenbob ($145.75 in chips)
Seat 9: crazydif ($66.70 in chips)
capodu: posts small blind $0.50
tenbob: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to tenbob [Ks 5s]
crazydif has timed out
crazydif: folds
crazydif is sitting out
RML1983: folds
ksaksa: folds
djquelch: calls $1
CPPGuru: calls $1
chizzler0: folds
Min9: folds
capodu: folds
tenbob: checks
*** FLOP *** [Kh Kd 6h]
crazydif has returned
tenbob: bets $3
djquelch: calls $3
CPPGuru: calls $3
*** TURN *** [Kh Kd 6h] [Ad]
tenbob: bets $4
djquelch: calls $4
CPPGuru: calls $4
*** RIVER *** [Kh Kd 6h Ad] [Qc]
tenbob: bets $5
djquelch: raises $10 to $15
CPPGuru: raises $78.10 to $93.10 and is all-in
tenbob: ??

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't answer since I was watching lol.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks to me you have to fold. I'm just glancing at it, because I'm playing the CC Tuesday game right now, but I just can't see how your hand is going to be better than both raisers there. Looks like probably J-10 of hearts, quite possibly a slow play with pocket 6-6, either way you're beat.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely routine fold. What are you beating? Yeah, one of them (most likely the first river raiser) might be pulling a bluff with a missed draw or something, but he might also be raising with a strong hand, and the guy who shoves the river almost has to have a boat here - AK/KQ/66 all fit pretty much perfectly with his line in the hand (AK probably raises pf but we can't discount it), not a lot of other hands (if any) really fit.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just typed a long response but hit Back on my browser which deleted it.

The jist of it was - I'd check the river although a small blocking bet is OK. I'd have to put the all-in guy on a really big hand like AA here, which he tried to slowplay pre-flop, couldn't lay it down on the flop, then got lucky on the turn and started to slowplay it. You can't call after a raise and re-raise.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was really the river bet that i was hoping that someone would pick up on tbh. I seriously considerred a check, but if i do check here with the intention of calling a bet, what sized bet can i call.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no problems with the blocking bet here.

dbitel

dbitel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your bet sizings here are terrible.Pot turn and bet like 2/3 pot on river.

As played, SUPER easy fold

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yer I folded pretty quick. KQ vs 66 vs my Rags

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call me super tight but I think potting the turn when you probably don't have the best hand would be awful. I prefer checking there - what exactly are they putting money in with on this flop that you beat, apart from a flush draw or maybe a loose call with a medium pair? Unlikely both have a flush draw, and you have to think one has a King that beats you. If they have draws / medium pairs, they're likely to check behind on the turn, which gives you a load of information, i.e. your hand is best. If they bet the turn, I'd probably just fold it. It's just not worth getting involved in an unraised pot, out of position with a weak hand that you're only playing because you were in the blind.

If there's no bet on the turn, your hand's probably good on the river (if it's not a heart), so you could then either bet out small for value or check-call any bet depending on your reads.