$10 PLO 6-max: PLO10 AKK3ss ip

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SB player stats unknown.

I like to hear your thoughts on what is happening here, does this type of minbet donking rep a certain hand? A set or the nuts maybe, although I block some of the King outs here. And what about my 3bet on the turn? Should it have been just a call instead? Shoot!

pokerstars Zoom, Omaha Pot Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players

BLACKY7555 (UTG): $10.41 (104 bb)
Hyth Hyth (MP): $27.50 (275 bb)
Hero (CO): $10.00 (100 bb)
karamanec@ (BU): $3.89 (39 bb)
Grishata123 (SB): $17.54 (175 bb)
competitor76 (BB): $27.55 (276 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with 3 K A K
2 players fold, Hero (CO) raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Grishata123 (SB) calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.80) 2 Q J (2 players)
Grishata123 (SB) bets $0.10, Hero (CO) raises to $0.87, Grishata123 (SB) calls $0.77

Turn: ($2.54) A (2 players)
Grishata123 (SB) bets $0.10, Hero (CO) raises to $2.18, Grishata123 (SB) raises to $8.97, Hero (CO) ??????

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this is an easy fold. We only beat a really loose ATxx. The turn raise is foolish, he already called our flop raise, he is going to call this is well and we are certainly not going for value.

I understand the urge to raise his stupid min-donks. But we need to show restraint here.

D

drdunkage85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ yeah I fully agree with this, flop raise I get because he could be block betting a load of draws, turn I think we just need to call and re assess on river. We have picked up TP for show down value and by the look of it V is trying to play very tricky so we may get to showdown OTR with a cheap river call

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
+1 TenJack

Now your hand is reasonable starting hand but you completely missed on the board. You cant improve to a flush draw only thing you have going on this board is a straight draw with a T and the KK in your hand.

The opponent however can have many hands that beat you or have massive equity such as QQxx, JJxx, AAxx, QJT9, JT98, T987, any A with another diamond in it (can also hit two pair so loads of outs there also) and then there are also straight flush draws.

On the flop your actually bluffing in my opinion and in PLO flops usually are no good bluff spots you have no draw to the absolute nuts not even close so even if you hit you can get beat. e.g. a K is 50% chance that it is a diamond and now that is one of the cards you don't want to see. The turn is not a bad card for you but still you don't beat any more hands then on the flop and now also KT beats your hand. Also here why re-raise your bluffing any hand that calls has either great equity or beats your hand.

Would certainly fold here what can you beat and even if you beat the hand he has he has loads of outs as you are only holding top pair and top kicker which in PLO is bad.

Always threat min-donk-bets as checks and base your action on that.

777alex777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you clearly overestimate the power of your hand on all the streets, aggression is good, but it must be justified. The hand is initially not suitable for 3bet on the flop and profit does not put enough chances to strengthen

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the replies, very helpful!

+1 TenJack

Now your hand is reasonable starting hand but you completely missed on the board. You cant improve to a flush draw only thing you have going on this board is a straight draw with a T and the KK in your hand.

The opponent however can have many hands that beat you or have massive equity such as QQxx, JJxx, AAxx, QJT9, JT98, T987, any A with another diamond in it (can also hit two pair so loads of outs there also) and then there are also straight flush draws.

On the flop your actually bluffing in my opinion and in PLO flops usually are no good bluff spots you have no draw to the absolute nuts not even close so even if you hit you can get beat. e.g. a K is 50% chance that it is a diamond and now that is one of the cards you don't want to see. The turn is not a bad card for you but still you don't beat any more hands then on the flop and now also KT beats your hand. Also here why re-raise your bluffing any hand that calls has either great equity or beats your hand.

Would certainly fold here what can you beat and even if you beat the hand he has he has loads of outs as you are only holding top pair and top kicker which in PLO is bad.

Always threat min-donk-bets as checks and base your action on that.

Thanks for the elaborate explanation, the remark about that I'm not even beating his draws is an eye opener to be honest. I find it difficult to guess what type of hands villain would be calling with, but in this case apparently A LOT of hands would beat me.