$10 NLHE 6-max: TPSK facing donk on monotone flop (3Bet pot)

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you don't draw any meaning from his sizing in terms of negating some # chance he has a made hand, or you think his sizing means he has a set/flush?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you don't draw any meaning from his sizing in terms of negating some # chance he has a made hand, or you think his sizing means he has a set/flush?

IDK, I don't have any reads on him, do you?

When we raise donk bets I feel like we should have a good reason for doing so and a good feel for what they are instead of just randomly raising them cuz it's badass or something.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

When we raise donk bets I feel like we should have a good reason for doing so and a good feel for what they are instead of just randomly raising them cuz it's badass or something.

FWIW I think donk bet size seems like a defensive bet. He probably does not do this with a huge hand.

Edit: furthermore, raising allows us to take control of the hand IP, and if he is drawing, we can further define his range by his reaction to the pressure.

Raising in this spot will give us a ton of info on villains range.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I'm not doing it to feel like a badass. I'm doing it because 90% of the time that people donk into me for a size that is less than 1/2 pot it's with a drawing/weak hand.

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not doing it to feel like a badass. I'm doing it because 90% of the time that people donk into me for a size that is less than 1/2 pot it's with a drawing/weak hand.

Indeed, it's safe to say most people have a weak hand here when they donk the flop with a small bet

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I agree also. They are making a defensive bet, and trying to set their own price to draw....

Furthermore, people who donk-bet just irritate me.

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree also. They are making a defensive bet, and trying to set their own price to draw....

Furthermore, people who donk-bet just irritate me.

Fish who min donk bet then raise me then do the same on the turn/river because I didn't learn my lesson the firs time irritate me the most :mad:

Speedexas

Speedexas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $11.65
SB: $19.10 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
BB: $10.73 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
UTG: $10.05 (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 66.67, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 3)
MP: $7.86
CO: $7.24 (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q<font color='red'>♥</font> A<font color='red'>♥</font>

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, CO calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95, 2 players) 8<font color='red'>♦</font> 7<font color='red'>♦</font> Q<font color='red'>♦</font>
CO bets $0.80, Hero raises to $10.75 and is all-in, CO calls $5.54 and is all-in

Turn: ($14.63, 2 players) 8<font color='black'>♠</font>

River: ($14.63, 2 players) 4<font color='black'>♠</font>

Shoving best yeah?

CO bets 80c on flop , hero raises to 2$ , if co calls check back turn and call river , if CO shoves flop you fold. Since when you are stacking off with TP in 3bet pot on flushy board. And next time show results , because im really interested in what CO had.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If CO calls the turn and checks, then checking behind is 100x worse than shoving.

N

nottoc

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't like to be in this situation against a player I have only seen play one hand. Given that it appears he lost 27BB on that hand, I assume he played it pretty badly.

Still you only have TPTK on a very ugly board. I would call the flop and reevaluate on the turn.

There should be much better situations against this player to come. The only risk is that he will blow through his buyin too quickly for you to profit from his seemingly manic play.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, but you're judging villain to be a maniac because he's raised 2 hands in a row?