$10 NLHE 6-max: TP Facing Min-Raise On Turn and Heavy Bet on River

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

NL Holdem 0.1(BB)
UTG ($11.64) [VPIP: 19.8% | PFR: 16.3% | AGG: 24.2% | hands: 88]
HJ ($12.50) [VPIP: 68.3% | PFR: 13.4% | AGG: 20.6% | Hands: 187]
CO ($11.16) [VPIP: 54.4% | PFR: 17.9% | AGG: 50.8% | Hands: 198]
HERO ($10.45) [VPIP: 25.9% | PFR: 21.2% | AGG: 33.1% | Flop Agg: 42.2% | Turn Agg: 28% | River Agg: 19.1% | 3-Bet: 5.8% | 4-Bet: 9.6% | Hands: 42185]
SB ($11.75) [VPIP: 21.8% | PFR: 14.1% | AGG: 33.3% | Hands: 1187]
BB ($9) [VPIP: 32.1% | PFR: 0% | AGG: 28.1% | Flop Agg: 15.8% | Turn Agg: 44.4% | River Agg: 50% | 3-Bet: 0% | 4-Bet: 0% | Cold Call: 33.3% | Hands: 54]

Dealt to Hero: A:diamond: J:club:

UTG Folds, HJ Calls $0.10, CO Calls $0.10, HERO Raises To $0.50, SB Folds, BB Calls $0.40, HJ Folds, CO Folds

Hero SPR on Flop: [6.8 effective]
Flop ($1.25): 2:diamond: 7:club: 3:club:
BB Checks, HERO Checks

Turn ($1.25): 2:diamond: 7:club: 3:club: J:spade:
BB Checks, HERO Bets $0.84 (Rem. Stack: $9.11), BB Raises To $1.68 (Rem. Stack: $6.82), HERO Calls $0.84 (Rem. Stack: $8.27)

River ($4.61): 2:diamond: 7:club: 3:club: J:spade: K:heart:
BB Bets $4.36 (Rem. Stack: $2.46), HERO ??

Not much info given on villain. Maybe I should've cbet this flop instead of checking behind since there's an FD out there and he could call with worse. That being said, I didn't really want to bloat the pot with just A-high so I don't know.

When the turn comes and I face the min-raise, I don't think I can fold. I remember reading a long time ago that typically turn min-raises show significant strength but I'm not sure how true that is these days.

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against this passive player who never seems to raise, I think you need to fold this river

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's one big over bet on the river, maybe I'm wrong but i think more towards a missed draw or just J10.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played, I wouldn't be surprised to see villain show up with a flopped set (2 pr on that board would be unlikely).

His stats seem passive and limpy, so if he is showing this kind of aggression, I think your fold on the river is good.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should probably remove villains stats as I didn't have that much info on him at the time...

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn check-min raises are always strong, especially at these stakes. It's probably like the one consistent thing you can just fold and not worry about being exploited on. You hit TPTK, so it's pretty much impossible to fold the turn, because you could be looking at a worst Jx from a bad player that just doesn't know how to play.

Once the K hits on the river though, probably leaning towards a fold. You're just beating bluffs and splitting. Don't think QJ or under would go this aggro especially when there's flush draws that can bluff if he checks.

Not enough stats on opponent, but there's enough to know he's a donk.

If you call on the river, it's not a huge leak. The turn min-raise though is the thing you have to decide if you can fold vs. someone like this. They still are generally the nuts or close to it, or you're facing someone who is aggro and likes clicking buttons.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Player without position call your bet in a good position, with two limpers in the action before his bet, he have a strong range, like TT+, AJs+, AKo, maybe AQo, depending on the game style, the reads and notes he makes of you, and your image at the table, he can include in his hand any pair, and suited connectors.

When you don't cbet on the flop you give free cards and opportunity for him to bluff, you can't mensure if he had a set of 2, 3 or 7, and in your bet on the turn you, and a call to his 3bet you give him another advantage.

With this K he can make you fold almost all yours JX and yours pairs less than K. After this way you have played the best to do are to fold, him put you in a difficulty situation. You can play only if have enough reads and note of this player.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here K helps you more than him. In order to make a call you need to be right at least one-third of the time. Even if he was bluffing (somehow) this time you made the correct lay down. I don't think this seemingly passive station would bluff more than 10% of the time seeing the K on the river.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn check-min raises are always strong, especially at these stakes. It's probably like the one consistent thing you can just fold and not worry about being exploited on. You hit TPTK, so it's pretty much impossible to fold the turn, because you could be looking at a worst Jx from a bad player that just doesn't know how to play.

Once the K hits on the river though, probably leaning towards a fold. You're just beating bluffs and splitting. Don't think QJ or under would go this aggro especially when there's flush draws that can bluff if he checks.

Not enough stats on opponent, but there's enough to know he's a donk.

If you call on the river, it's not a huge leak. The turn min-raise though is the thing you have to decide if you can fold vs. someone like this. They still are generally the nuts or close to it, or you're facing someone who is aggro and likes clicking buttons.
Any thoughts on the flop check?

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hate these spots. Turn is a must call, but he can have many good hands here. He did flat pre- likely because he thought it would go 4 ways. And if he is a fish then he could still have a premium he's slow playing.

Most likely is 77. As John said, callings not the worst, but you cant be too wrong here just letting it go either.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will use bigger size for iso raise.

Check-back OTF is fine. Ace high with strong kicker very often will be the better hand vs this calling station. Not so often to make a bet for value.

OTT good value bet and call vs this size.

OTR I will fold.

Vs calling station I think your line is "more than" standard. Plus the fold OTR.

And 54 hands are enough in this case. Sometime only one hand is enough :D.

I remember reading a long time ago that typically turn min-raises show significant strength but I'm not sure how true that is these days

First, this is a min check-raise vs delayed Cbet. Different situation. Than vs normal turn Cbet. Different SPR. Also no logic at all. Even "fishy logic". You can't define a range here. No sense at all. With any hand...Even from "his eyes". I don't think you can fold here. But imo you will see sometime TP or even weaker made hand. Draw as well, two pair +. You can see everything, no sense at all, as I said. And that's why you can't fold vs this size. Vs bigger size will be interesting.

Last edited: