blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have Kh8h on btn. Fall fold.

I raise to 30c. BB calls. BB is a loose passive player. He will call loosely with overcards.

Flop's 567 rainbow. He checks I bet 2/3 pot he calls.

Turn's the 4c, completes my str and brings a flush draw on the board (if he has two clubs).

At this point stupid me makes the same dumb mistake I've done quite a few times. I overthink and check this. My reasoning is that if he has nothing he will fold this now, so I wanna give him a chance to make a pair on the river. But if I bet the flop I really should have bet this turn here.

River is another 4, pairs the board.

Surprisingly he leads out with a pot-sized bet. When this player bets he is not bluffing, so the question is what does he have.

I just didn't see a lot of combos that he would bet pot and call a raise that I could beat, so I just called it and kicked myself for not getting more value on the turn. These guys are hard to predict.

If you bet the turn, how much would you bet? And would you raise the river?

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if hes calling 2/3 on flop my guess is at least top pair or some kind of draw
turn is still a bet for value, we might win with our straight but he might improve w/ his flush draw so we're not safe yet.
now on the paired river, the pot bet looks like some two pair or set which has become a full house, or hes just trying to scare us off bc. of our check back on turn. im calling

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes there is no way i am folding. The question is whether to raise or not.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your read is correct that he's calling too often against flop c-bets you should obviously c-bet less. Nothing wrong with taking the free card against this player type, especially because you're not drawing to the nut straight and this flop doesn't hit our range particularly well.

Hitting on the turn is the dream because we can value bet this player type relentlessly. You can even go for massive overbets if he's truly as sticky as you make him out to be. I don't really understand your play tbh because you play the flop and turn exactly opposite from conventional exploitation of loose-passive players.

As played, I agree it's just a call on the river. You underrepresented your hand and he's definitely betting more than just his boats (some trip 4s, overpairs, the same straight). I don't think you can expect to get called by worse if you reraise shove though.

Last edited:
blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your read is correct that he's calling too often against flop c-bets you should obviously c-bet less. Nothing wrong with taking the free card against this player type, especially because you're not drawing to the nut straight and this flop doesn't hit our range particularly well.

Hitting on the turn is the dream because we can value bet this player type relentlessly. You can even go for massive overbets if he's truly as sticky as you make him out to be. I don't really understand your play tbh because you play the flop and turn exactly opposite from conventional exploitation of loose-passive players.

As played, I agree it's just a call on the river. You underrepresented your hand and he's definitely betting more than just his boats (some trip 4s, overpairs, the same straight). I don't think you can expect to get called by worse if you reraise shove though.

Yes I played it quite poorly. Afterwards I was kicking myself.

(I was studying as well... I get bored studying so I try to multitask but it's not a good idea.)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet the turn. Plenty of worse hands can still call like sets, two pair and draws to a higher straight. As played just call the river bet. If you raise, its to difficult to get called by worse, unless he is totally stupid. Never folding though, since for starters you could be chopping a lot of the time.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes there is no way i am folding. The question is whether to raise or not.
we only get called by better hands if we raise & im more interested in making note on the guy than making him fold

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just continue with a 2/3 on the turn, and just call on the river. No reason to get it all in when the board pairs.

aguwind

aguwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet just 1/3 of the pot on the turn to back down a bit. There is big chance he would raise you up or call at least. But not betting is not the option as you said.

A

AlabamaCam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d bet 1/4 on the turn and hope he raises like donks tend to do, as long as the board doesn’t pair you’re in there.