Button bet 3,5 bb
Hero raise 8bb
Button call

TURN 25bb 4h3h9s Jd

Hero bet 12 bb
Button call 12 bb

RIVER 50bb 4h3h9s Jd 2d

Hero bet 26 bb

It was a moment when I played a lot of hands in last 5 minuts. My Idea was to keep in a game bluf catcher and give him a chance to hit something. After all at the river i didnt see many hands which could call me.

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I like the slow-play XR on the flop but it was of interest that V called. And then he called the turn. Hmmm... The only things that beat you at that point are JJ and 99. There might have been some 2 pair hands out there like J9 or 43 (but you have blockers on that one). The rest would be on draws: hearts, T8, QT, A2, A5. Only one of those hit on the river (A5). The board didn't pair either so no higher boats. Other than that, you're probably golden and the value bet is justified.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stats? Info on opponent?

Not a fan of the btn/bb flop XR on a dry board. As played, river needs to be check so you can provide him a chance to bluff or think he's VBing. It's a perfect runout to do that on.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard defend.

Flop
Dont mind check-raising on this kind of board. You can represent a decent amount of draws, and if you are actually going to check-raise some of these, you also need to check-raise very strong hands to be balanced. I am not a big fan of your sizing though. You are giving him around 5:1, and would you ever do this with a bluff? If you want to slowplay, the way to do it is by just calling. Not by choosing a sizing, which honestly scream value, because you are just trying to massage the pot a little bigger.

Turn
Definitely betting again, and sizing is better now. Could still be a bit bigger though to really punish his draws, all of which have so far missed.

River
This card is actually not a complete blank, since 65 and A5 made a straight. And these are hands, he can absolutely have, as the hand played out. So I think, this is close between being a bet-fold and a check-call. There are still some busted draws, he could turn into a bluff, but is he actually going to do that after getting raised on the flop? I think, a lot of people would just check back and give up with busted draws, especially if they have paired up like A2 or JX of hearts. So I think, its completely fine to go for value and hope to get called by JX or better.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard defend.

Flop
Dont mind check-raising on this kind of board. You can represent a decent amount of draws, and if you are actually going to check-raise some of these, you also need to check-raise very strong hands to be balanced. I am not a big fan of your sizing though. You are giving him around 5:1, and would you ever do this with a bluff? If you want to slowplay, the way to do it is by just calling. Not by choosing a sizing, which honestly scream value, because you are just trying to massage the pot a little bigger.

Turn
Definitely betting again, and sizing is better now. Could still be a bit bigger though to really punish his draws, all of which have so far missed.

River
This card is actually not a complete blank, since 65 and A5 made a straight. And these are hands, he can absolutely have, as the hand played out. So I think, this is close between being a bet-fold and a check-call. There are still some busted draws, he could turn into a bluff, but is he actually going to do that after getting raised on the flop? I think, a lot of people would just check back and give up with busted draws, especially if they have paired up like A2 or JX of hearts. So I think, its completely fine to go for value and hope to get called by JX or better.

Just a couple of notes on your comments... I'm sure you don't mind, but it highlights something import I think in understanding ranges.

On the flop, because it's only 9 high and not a ton of common straight draws for hero out of the BB, if hero is c/ring this flop to rep draws, he ends up repping his opponents range. When trying to get max value, you ideally don't want to rep your opponents range.
EX: If the flop was: 9h Th 4c ... great flop to CR.
Another good flop: Ah Th 4s
Not as good: Ah Qh 4s

So you need to be thinking in terms of what range you want you opponent to have, and try to avoid repping their ideal range you want them to have because it will minimize your max value.

Also on the river, 65 should be re-raising the flop. I realize it's micro so people may not be doing this effectively, but 65 and A5 should be discounted, and I'd almost completely remove A5 since he called a flop CR. Most of our opponents range will be flush draw, 9x, mid to high pocket pair, straight draw. Betting or checking is def close on the river because you don't want 9x or mid pairs to get away cheap, but some of that range will fold to a river bet any ways. Then you're left w/ most of his range being made straight and flush draw, and in that situation you're betting off x/cing, then bet/folding.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, that its somewhat unlikely, the opponent is hanging on to the river with A5, since its just a gutshot. That would at least be an opponent on the fishy / sticky side of the spectrum. But he can definitely have 65, so the river is not a brick, and we dont exactly have the nuts. Of course there are also two possible higher sets, we can run into. So if we bet, its a bet-fold, at least in the micros.

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Not a fan of the btn/bb flop XR on a dry board.
I would disagree with it being a "dry board". The first thing that jumped out at me was the 2 hearts. I would not be happy with my 2 pair if a heart came on the turn (or river, for that matter). If you simply check/call here, you are opening yourself up to that happening. At that point, it doesn't matter about his "range"—any 2 hearts will do for villain.

Safe Poker Sites