$10 NLHE 6-max: Pocket nines multiway

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty loose table, with some weak players reraising wide.

MP Hero (12.42 $) 9d 9c: Raises 2.5 BB
SB Reraises 11 BB
BB Calls 11 BB
Hero Calls 8.5 BB

Flop: 33 BB ** 7d 10h Js **
SB Checks
BB Checks
Hero Checks

Turn 33 BB ** 7d 10h Js 5s **
SB bets 7.9 BB
BB Calls
Hero Calls

River 56.7 BB ** 7d 10h Js 5s 6d **
Sb checks
BB Checks
Hero ??

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a pretty big 3 bet to call pre flop to set mine. We do have another player in it as well which helps and we are closing the action so I get the call but I do think its close. Ill skip the to river since I like the way you played flop and turn. The river to me is very close for us having the showdown value to check vs a villain that has a 10. I personally think the way the hand was played no villain has Jx or bigger as they would not play this passive. One of them could easily have a 10 and play it this way. So my question would be when you write "some weak players re raising wide" does that mean they are weak as in they suck or weak as in they fold to any aggression against them? This spot comes down to can we get 10x to fold. If this is a loose splashy table I doubt you are getting many 10x to fold here especially with the action. If the players were weak as in weak when facing aggression then betting imo opinion is best. Given what I think you mean I would just check here and see if 99 is good. If you lose to 10x yes you might kick yourself but those arent always folding either.

Your bet sizing here if you were to bet would be critical. It cant be too large since larger bets look bluffy and it cant be too small either as the price would be too juicy for 10x to call. I dont know for sure the correct sizing but I think I would go, if I were to bet, somewhere around 55-60% of the pot. It still looks like a value sizing but also is not small where 10x will call you down. In the end, I think I check here and hope 99 is good against these opponents.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Calling the 3-bet is pretty marginal, when BB has already cold called. That cold call should be a very strong range, so we actually need to worry more about BB than SB now. It does depend on, how deep they are tough, and stack sizes are not disclosed.

Flop
When they both check to you, they are showing weakness, and maybe they both have some hand like AK/AQ, that missed. It could literally be that face up, in which case we should probably put out a small bet for value and equity denial. If we are behind, we have a gutshot to fall back on.

Turn
As played I guess, we have to call this very small delayed C-bet.

River
As played check behind. We could very well have the best hand here, when they both decide to put so little money in the pot, but its definitely to thin to bet for value now.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop and flop were played standard. Considering this is a 3-way pot, on the turn we have a pretty decent price to call. However another option is to raise that small size, as a value hand should protect itself a bit more on this texture, with a larger size. So the ranges seem wider when BB calls out of position with us.
We also blocked 89s who were able to 3-bet preflop and then that he slowed the flop to get more value on the turn from hands like KJs or AJs that called in position.
As played the turn OTR is possibly a check behind the default option. Basically we are not gaining enough bluffs from our Vs, so here we control this pot and we save critical points, since also our range is perceived as wide being IP.
If we had raised the turn, we should probably make another bet on the river. I do not know the depth of the stacks involved, but it would possibly be jamming considering that we are looking for fold equity in the V ranges.
Greetings.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might have bet the flop as I have a pair that needs protection and also gut shot to a straight draw. Checking on the flop caps our range and it makes sense to check back on the river.