$10 NLHE 6-max: Opinions on this hand?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My pre flop action here is going to depend on what I know about villain. If they are on the poles of the spectrum meaning they are very aggro or are very tight I would just call here pre and set mine. That may not be correct but thats how I go about it since I really dont want to be 4 bet here against aggro players and then have to either 5 bet with 1010 or call and then pay a large pot out of position with 1010. Against the tight players I think there is more value in set mining against their strong range and on top of that they rarely will fold to a 3 bet given the range they open with. The medium players who open somewhat but then rarely 4 bet and also players who you would consider weak in the face of strength you can 3 bet here. They really wont fold better hands but you can get them to fold overcard hands which will be difficult to play against.

The flop bet being small from villain tells me they either have clubs or at least not afraid of the draw but more likely it tells me they dont have an ace and probably are sitting there with KK-JJ and usually with one club KK-JJ. In knowing this you would need to make up your mind on the flop whether you think they are the player that you can get to fold KK-JJ. If so you can turn 1010 into a bluff here and target KK-JJ. If they are player though that you dont know a lot about or rarely fold post it will then not work or take emptying your entire stack into the middle by the turn to convince villain you are on Ax. Thats a higher variance play and you would have to trust the read which could be wrong.

As played the small bet on the turn seems to fit with flop imo. They likely have KK or QQ with one club and are not afraid of the club coming. I think villain probably thinks you would raise flop with a strong Ax so they probably cant be bluffed off their pocket pair. Folding now is best

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I like the 3-bet, but unless the Villain was especially agro, I would strongly consider folding to his 4-bet. I know, it sounds nitty, but you are out of position, and TT is in terrible share against a range like QQ+, AK, which a 4-bet often represents.

Flop
What do you even beat on this A high flop, that would 4-bet pre? I know, you are getting a good price, but if you have two outs, its not good enough, so just fold.

Turn
At least you folded now, but I think, it would have been better to fold at an earlier point in the hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands