$10 NLHE 6-max: Low-end of straight 789hh b.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Don't bug me about opening size pre- I usually open larger, I was just trying this out for a few hundred hands!

Let me know about flop/turn... can we 3! that flop? Well, should we?

river call was due to V's possible sets here.

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 75.3 BB
SB: 211.6 BB
BB: 217.7 BB
UTG: 191.5 BB
Hero (MP): 101 BB
CO: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 6:spade: 5:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5.5 BB, 2 players) 8:heart: 9:club: 7:heart:
BB checks, Hero bets 3.6 BB, BB raises to 13.1 BB, Hero calls 9.5 BB

Turn: (31.7 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
BB bets 7.9 BB, Hero raises to 30.3 BB, BB calls 22.4 BB

River: (92.3 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
BB bets 23.5 BB, Hero calls 23.5 BB

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That river is the worst card in the deck, completing both the heart flush draw and the 10 plus pair straight draws. Or even just the AT KT kind of hand that BB might be playing.

As much as it may suck to do it, I think the river is a fold.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like piling it in here on the flop with the small end of the straight, especially with a flush draw on board and no back doors. There are too many combos that have tons of equity vs the BB in a single raised pot. Readless I'd expect the hands with smaller equity to fold too often for our liking and the hands that continue to have tons of equity or even be ahead of us after we get any type of action when 3 betting flop. Hands like ThXh for example are ahead (that's a fair amount of combos to defend in the BB), also hands like JhXh have nearly 47% equity. Hand's we want to continue are more likely to fold to our flop 3 bet. So against a decent player I'd expect to find ourselves against a distribution of combos where we are substantially ahead of only a few (9 sets and 4 suited connectors), slightly ahead or behind most, and way behind a few (16 combos of JT). So it kind of feels like a wash. We have position which is good but I'm not dying to build a huge pot. Also our straight cannot improve (no back doors), so against the nuts we can only hope to chop via runner runner. We do have hands like 2 pair and sets in pretty bad shape but I cant remember seeing those hands raise flop then lead turn for such a tiny amount on such a wet board. This seems to really want action to me and the turn card was awesome for us. I would expect to see a flush draw trying to block bet to get there cheap, the nuts trying to get called or raised, or a monster combo Th9h, AhTh type hand who want's to build a pot and is never folding. Charging the flush draws is very tempting so I don't hate the turn raise but I also like the idea of pot controlling our hand in position and calling down or even raising safe run outs in position. After we charge the draws and then two of them come in we ONLY beat sets. V leads AGAIN, tiny giving us 5 to 1 on a call. Again, maybe it's worth discussing if it's a smart move but I haven't seen people block betting sets OOP on run outs like this exposing their stack and creating a spot where they only have to call about 25 BB to win 200 BB. Since I don't expect sets to size like this on the turn (or river) and half of our stack is already in I can't imagine V is planning to bet / fold here. I think they just have it way too often but without the luxury of taking time to analyze the hand deeply I can't say I wouldn't look this up in real time. I'd like to think if I raised turn I'd fold this river. If I flatted turn then I may be more curious to call a much smaller river value bet to bluff catch.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit and Gos

i mostly play sit and goes. So I’m not as familiar with ring play. But if I drew a straight on the flop I would go all in. I would risk my bet on it.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop is fine. Ip you want to keep his semi-bluff in and not over commit w/ the ass end of the straight. As played, river looks like a fold. He shouldn't be betting any of his two pairs or sets here and he won't have any bluffs.