Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players

UTG: $9.62 (96 bb)
MP: $10.40 (104 bb)
CO (Hero): $12.18 (122 bb)
BU: $10.00 (100 bb)
SB: $10.89 (109 bb)
BB: $10.66 (107 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with K J
1 fold, MP raises to $0.25, Hero 3-bets to $0.90, 3 players fold, MP calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.95) T 9 J (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $0.80, MP calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.55) 3 (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $2.20, MP calls $2.20

River: ($7.95) 5 (2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

Preflop: KJs I think belongs to a 3bet/fold hand in CO vs MP OR.

Flop: I think I can get value with a bet of QJs,AKo,AQo,AQs.

Turn: I think he would already have his two-pairs and sets on the flop and am really only behind vs AJ,AJs.

River: A check-behind as I only get value from QJs and AJ,Ajs beats me.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: readless I prefer to flat IP, especially vs 2.5x open.

If we decide to 3bet IP then 3x is enough: 3.6x is too big and leaves us less room to maneuver postflop.

Also, we might induce loose 4bets, because we're never 3.6x-ing with AA.

F: as played, horrible flop, check-back to pot control. We know villain is sticky from preflop action: we're not getting him off anything.

T: as played, check-back to pot control. Looks like a blank card but adds BD equity for villian and we know villain isn't folding.

R: as played, fine.

I'm unsure about this entire hand.

A

AcesUTGFold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should we always choose the 3x 3bet IP?

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In micro-low stakes most important thing is to get basics correct.

Sizing of 3x for IP 3bets is general standard, which is simultaneously small enough to get good value and big enough to fold out multi-way flops.

When we have rock solid reads we can deviate, but that is usually not possible in micro-low stakes, so it's best to stick to basics.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3.4x is fine 3-bet IP at 100bb stack depth Especially with higher rake we don’t care if they fold pre. OOP 3-bet is 4x

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will mention that 3betting around 2.5x-2.75x IP is also fine when you 3bet a lot because you keep wider range of your opponent so your villain has harder spots and you play IP vs his oop range. Plus your bluffs pre or postflop are just cheapier. But until you aren't great postflop it's just ok to stick 3x IP.

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players

UTG: $9.62 (96 bb)
MP: $10.40 (104 bb)
CO (Hero): $12.18 (122 bb)
BU: $10.00 (100 bb)
SB: $10.89 (109 bb)
BB: $10.66 (107 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with K J
1 fold, MP raises to $0.25, Hero 3-bets to $0.90, 3 players fold, MP calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.95) T 9 J (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $0.80, MP calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.55) 3 (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $2.20, MP calls $2.20

River: ($7.95) 5 (2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

PF: Standard stuff, well played.
Flop: Pretty wet board. You have a lot of good hands here, and you are blocking KQ and Jacks. I would always go for a bet here with top pair gutshot + bd flush. Sizing is weird though. I think you want to bet bigger here, like 3/4. And then very likely check the turn.

Turn: With the brick I don't mind another bet. Get value from those Q10s, Qjs hands, and AsQs. A lot of floats with flush draws + gutters here. Like the bet, like the sizing. But also wouldn't mind check backs to control.

River: Goood check behind. I think there are just enough monsters on this board for you to just check it here. You essentially only get value from QJ here. So many two pairs, sets, lower straights etc.

T

tt124f

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your turn thought process. Since most player raise OTF w/ good hand, you are in a great shape to put in another bet. Against aggressive player you can also consider check back because you don't want to get raised too often OTT.

A

AcesUTGFold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PF: Standard stuff, well played.
Flop: Pretty wet board. You have a lot of good hands here, and you are blocking KQ and Jacks. I would always go for a bet here with top pair gutshot + bd flush. Sizing is weird though. I think you want to bet bigger here, like 3/4. And then very likely check the turn.

Turn: With the brick I don't mind another bet. Get value from those Q10s, Qjs hands, and AsQs. A lot of floats with flush draws + gutters here. Like the bet, like the sizing. But also wouldn't mind check backs to control.

River: Goood check behind. I think there are just enough monsters on this board for you to just check it here. You essentially only get value from QJ here. So many two pairs, sets, lower straights etc.

I mean, won't the pot be unnecessarily big if I start 3/4 bet on the flop and check behind on the turn, thereby also giving up the initiative?
In most cases, this will certainly get me a bet on the river, and what do I do then?

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean, won't the pot be unnecessarily big if I start 3/4 bet on the flop and check behind on the turn, thereby also giving up the initiative?
In most cases, this will certainly get me a bet on the river, and what do I do then?
I mean, yes the pot will be very big. But also he has a lot of weird hands here, so I don't think you should be range betting. I think you could go many ways. After looking over it more, I think checking is outright the best option here to be honest. You are right in that the pot will get to big. This is a board where you should be pot controlling and just calling down if he bets. If he checks the turn on the 3, you can start betting small probably. But also, this is just a spot where you can get worse hands to call depending on his range. But the only cards worse are AQo pretty much. He probably doesn't have too many QJs here, since only 2 combos are left in the deck. J10s also only 2 combos. Sets are possible, and KQ combos are possible.

So yeah, I think the right call is to check the flop, bet small on turn and if river is a brick value bet or call.

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this seems standard. probably aq with overs and straight draw. well played