BTN: 123.9 BB
Hero (SB): 166 BB
BB: 122.8 BB
UTG: 289.4 BB
MP: 239.8 BB
CO: 108.7 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J J

fold, MP raises to 2.2 BB, CO raises to 7 BB, fold, Hero raises to 24.2 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 17.2 BB

Flop: (51.6 BB, 2 players) T 6 A
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (51.6 BB, 2 players) K
Hero bets 12.9 BB, CO calls 12.9 BB

River: (77.4 BB, 2 players) K
Hero bets 96.7 BB, CO calls 71.6 BB and is all-in

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre squeeze looks standard, but would be nice to know villain stats/type to see if there is ever an unlikely reason to flat.

Bad flop for our specific hand, but good for our range with the A. Checking is fine. Strategies that range bet 1/3 in 3 bet pots can maybe fire, but OOP it sucks when you get raised here. Still, against weak regs who over-fold I can find a reason to bet here on occasion, with a plan for being aggressive on later streets.

Turn also good for our range. Unfortunately though villain can have a lot of AK, AQ and maybe KQ that called pre (need stats or read to really know for sure). They should not have much AXs, but some players do show up with it in these spots at 10nl. They may even have crap like KTs. I expect to be beaten here a lot, and avoiding K or Q turns is exactly why I don't mind firing a c bet vs someone who over folds flop. Achieving a cheap showdown out of position with JJ is hard work with the A on the flop, I don't mind ending this early at all. As played, why are you betting and why that much? What folds that you beat? QQ? AQ /KQ can't fold to that sizing. If villain is capable of folding fire bigger than this in my opinion. Honestly though I can check/give up here on turn unless I have a read that villain can be here with speculative junk. There are too may Aces and Kings in these 4 bet pots, it can be OK to cut your losses.

River looks spewy to me. Unless you know something about villain that means he has a lot of air in this spot?

TinkCzru

TinkCzru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre squeeze looks standard, but would be nice to know villain stats/type to see if there is ever an unlikely reason to flat.

Bad flop for our specific hand, but good for our range with the A. Checking is fine. Strategies that range bet 1/3 in 3 bet pots can maybe fire, but OOP it sucks when you get raised here. Still, against weak regs who over-fold I can find a reason to bet here on occasion, with a plan for being aggressive on later streets.

Turn also good for our range. Unfortunately though villain can have a lot of AK, AQ and maybe KQ that called pre (need stats or read to really know for sure). They should not have much AXs, but some players do show up with it in these spots at 10nl. They may even have crap like KTs. I expect to be beaten here a lot, and avoiding K or Q turns is exactly why I don't mind firing a c bet vs someone who over folds flop. Achieving a cheap showdown out of position with JJ is hard work with the A on the flop, I don't mind ending this early at all. As played, why are you betting and why that much? What folds that you beat? QQ? AQ /KQ can't fold to that sizing. If villain is capable of folding fire bigger than this in my opinion. Honestly though I can check/give up here on turn unless I have a read that villain can be here with speculative junk. There are too may Aces and Kings in these 4 bet pots, it can be OK to cut your losses.

River looks spewy to me. Unless you know something about villain that means he has a lot of air in this spot?

Yeah, I think after the turn my brain turned off, and I did get spewy and hand committed (which is dumb I know). I always struggle on A high boards oop, and give villains too much credit. Thanks for the reply

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think flop and turn are both checks.. On the flop we have RA but seems kind of miserable if we get called maybe our hand is starting to be turned into a bluff.. I think you want to get to showdown and not bet on this runout

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can bet flop for a small size as we do have range advantage and from there look to get to showdown cheaply. I do not like you blasting off on the turn and river for those sizes.
Flop - can go either way between betting and checking
Turn- definitely a check now
River - check
Are you trying to represent AK or AA
Villain could definitely have some QJs in their range. I think more often AK bets the flop. I can get behind a check on flop with AA although I lean towards putting money in pot with your stronger hands. I think your check on the flop turns your range face up weak Ax or a lower pocket pair like 9-Qs

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most AK or AQ type of hands should 4bet except for maybe AQs, so you do block a lot of his calling hands of AJs, so I would prefer a 1/3 bet on the flop.

The king on the turn is not good since he has 3 combos of KQs, which are now calling, and some K10s hands which would usually checl back the flop, but are now a premium hand on the turn. When the river pairs, after this hands set of action, i think you just check. You still beat some hands such ad Q10, J10, 109, and can then pretty much fold to any bet. Sucks when he checls back A4 - A5, but you’ll have some winning hands here.

I don’t mind the turn bet either, but when the flop checks i think checking is better, you can still call once on the turn if he bets.

River is a spew due to the line taken, for the reasons mentioned above. If board doesn’t pair however and bricks on the river then it probably is fine to jam at some frequency, getting rid of KQ and KJ, maybe the occasional Queens.

M

Mercurius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 123.9 BB
Hero (SB): 166 BB
BB: 122.8 BB
UTG: 289.4 BB
MP: 239.8 BB
CO: 108.7 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J J

fold, MP raises to 2.2 BB, CO raises to 7 BB, fold, Hero raises to 24.2 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 17.2 BB

Flop: (51.6 BB, 2 players) T 6 A
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (51.6 BB, 2 players) K
Hero bets 12.9 BB, CO calls 12.9 BB

River: (77.4 BB, 2 players) K
Hero bets 96.7 BB, CO calls 71.6 BB and is all-in

General question you need to ask yourself is why are you betting. Are you going to force folds from stronger hands or get calls from weaker? If not, don't bet. The river illustrates this brutally. You were only getting called by aces, kings, straights and full houses which is a disaster.

What did they have? If it's not AK, QQ, QJs or KQs/KJs I'd be gobsmacked. If they didn't have that you have them beat so what does the shove on the river achieve?

The 4Bet pre flop feels too big - I can only assume you wanted to force the fold. I'd be more in the 17-20BB range as if they shove over you it's a bit easier to get away from as you're not calling a re-raise shove with JJ (even if they're 4Bet shoving 6% of hands you're only 55% favourite to win so you're just gambling if getting in with JJ often).

JJ is seeing an overcard on nearly 50% of flops hence why the pre flop is too big - that said you've done it now and can't not CBet that flop. You basically turned your hand face up and said you didn't have an Ace, whereas a 1/3 to 1/2 pot bet there probably folds out most non-ace hands.

The turn bet is far too small - what are you really folding out with that? You could have probed the flop at that size or a little bigger and scared them off, but on the turn with an AKT all on the board it's likely they hit something. You need to scare them off or not put any more chips in.

By the river you've made it a really easy decision for them - the shove means you only get called by hands that beat you, so why bother shoving? You think he's calling with a ten?