BTN: 110.8 BB
SB: 124.1 BB
BB: 121.5 BB
UTG: 111.1 BB
Hero (MP): 255.6 BB
CO: 230.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ad Qs
fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, BTN raises to 7.3 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 4.8 BB

Flop : (16.1 BB, 2 players) 5c Ac 7c
Hero checks, BTN bets 4 BB, Hero calls 4 BB

Turn : (24.1 BB, 2 players) Js
Hero checks, BTN bets 12 BB, Hero calls 12 BB

River : (48.1 BB, 2 players) 2d
Hero checks, BTN bets 87.5 BB and is all-in, fold

BTN wins 45.7 BB

Play against Villain about 1,000 hands, 3bet on btn 13% ,preflop should I 4bet?
flop, turn : flat call TPGK on oop ,I think it's standard.
river: Faced with 2x pot bet on the river, villain polarized his own range. I used the gto wizard to check the strategy. AQo with Q clubs is a close to 100% call, without Q clubs, it is 100% fold. What do you think?

In addition, I would like to ask that according to the solver of the wizard, A9s and A4s are 100% call instead. What is the logic?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open and also standard defend, even though I am never excited about this spot. Guess we can also 4-bet at a low frequenzy, but I would assume, that solvers mostly call AQ here.

Flop
Very easy call especially given his small sizing.

Turn
Now he size up, as we kind of expect. This should also mean, that he is no longer betting as wide, as he was on the flop. The board is monotone, we dont have a flushdraw or flush blocker, and AJ also got there, which was one of the hands, we were beating. So I dont know man. I kind of hate this spot, and maybe we have defended enough already?

River
At least he made the river decision easy for us. Foooooolddddd :)

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hey,

Cool hand!

Firstly, you should look to have an aggressive 4-bet range oop vs these types of regs. AQs is a hand that should be flat 100% against a 3-bet, but off-suit you can mix. For example, the BTS ranges give AQo as a 75% 4-bet, 25% call in the HJ v BU situation.

You only need to 4-bet to 20bb or so. Really try to create a wide 4-bet range here and you'll print money against V. AQo is my primary off-suit 4-bet from EP when OOP. I mix other hands like A5s (4-bet or fold) ATs, AJs, KJs, KQs (4-bet or call). I even mix in some 4-bets with hands like TT or QJs vs BU since they need some protection, though as you may assume this is a low freq. 4-bet.

Flop: mono boards in 3-bet pots are pretty weird. I'm no expert here. But flop is definitely a call. Call on the turn makes sense as well. I agree with what you said- we can call all AK and with AQ with Qc. By the river you also should have JJ there that can call.

I'd also like to add that V likely has little bluffs on the river, if none at all. Calling with AK+ is fine on the river against most opponents.

As for the solver, I'd really have to see what kind of ranges you put in for V. My initial guess is that those Ax combos unblock V's bluffs... V should be using broadway cards to bluff as they in turn block your best Ax.

Just a theory.

K

kioge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,

Cool hand!

Firstly, you should look to have an aggressive 4-bet range oop vs these types of regs. AQs is a hand that should be flat 100% against a 3-bet, but off-suit you can mix. For example, the BTS ranges give AQo as a 75% 4-bet, 25% call in the HJ v BU situation.

You only need to 4-bet to 20bb or so. Really try to create a wide 4-bet range here and you'll print money against V. AQo is my primary off-suit 4-bet from EP when OOP. I mix other hands like A5s (4-bet or fold) ATs, AJs, KJs, KQs (4-bet or call). I even mix in some 4-bets with hands like TT or QJs vs BU since they need some protection, though as you may assume this is a low freq. 4-bet.

Flop: mono boards in 3-bet pots are pretty weird. I'm no expert here. But flop is definitely a call. Call on the turn makes sense as well. I agree with what you said- we can call all AK and with AQ with Qc. By the river you also should have JJ there that can call.

I'd also like to add that V likely has little bluffs on the river, if none at all. Calling with AK+ is fine on the river against most opponents.

As for the solver, I'd really have to see what kind of ranges you put in for V. My initial guess is that those Ax combos unblock V's bluffs... V should be using broadway cards to bluff as they in turn block your best Ax.

Just a theory.

The wizard uses the scope of GTO, so there is no specific scope for btn. I agree with you very much. Thank you for your reply.