$10 NLHE 6-max: Could I have raised more big in preflop as a value?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The idea would be to eliminate villain 2 (CO) and that we can find fold equity for villain UTG. The CO re-raise is super small, so the UTG jam is not surprising. But I don't expect UTG to push as same often, if the CO does a size bet bigger. Postflop would be interesting against UTG.
CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played this well although I would not 3 bet to anything smaller than the sizing you chose here. We think that UTG would call us at the minimum often so 3 betting to this size and then having UTG call will likely lead to CO calling as well just based on price and we arent accomplishing much with the raise. Its better to bet larger here so we can get it heads up.

As payed as soon as UTG 4 bets Im not liking JJ much anymore because even in position they will be hard to play especially against an UTG opening range. COs 5 bet makes little sense to me even before I saw their hand because what would they 5 bet that they wouldnt 3 bet so I would have the opinion on them that UTG wound up having in that they were not super strong. Even if CO doesnt do what they did Im leaning towards folding unless UTG player 4 bets frequently but with CO doing what they did to me its going to be hand where all chips are going in the middle and against UTG range and all 5 cards coming out Im not loving JJ there. In my opinion, good fold.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played it seems OK, and you did get away with losing the minimum. I really hate 3 bet/folding JJ, though, and will sometimes take a flop in position by just flatting the UTG raise. From that position, he should be at his strongest.