$10 NLHE 6-max: Bottom Set 3-way 3-bet pot

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
In my experience, 10nl check calls in a 3bet pot are pretty nutted. That combined with this being multiway- i figured I'd better pot control the turn. Only scared of a K or Q River.

Do I bet turn? If so, what is our sizing? Our plan for rivers?

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BTN): 125 BB
SB: 120 BB
BB: 136.6 BB
UTG: 184.6 BB
MP: 118.8 BB
CO: 296.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:spade: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.8 BB, SB raises to 9.4 BB, BB calls 8.4 BB, Hero calls 6.6 BB

Flop: (28.2 BB, 3 players) A:heart: T:club: J:spade:
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 9 BB, SB calls 9 BB, BB calls 9 BB

Turn: (55.2 BB, 3 players) 7:spade:
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

River: (55.2 BB, 3 players) 2:spade:
SB bets 13.8 BB, fold, Hero calls 13.8 BB

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm betting bigger on the flop for value around 20bb, there are lots of AK and AQ here which will call a large sizing because of their associated gut shot. There maybe some KQ but a lot less combos than Ax.
Sets are our bread and butter value bets and when I have bottom set in a 3bet pot with an Ace on the flop then I'm scaling it up expecting calls and raises and will be looking to gii.
The 7 on the turn helps 89 but I don't expect many combos of that hand. Thus if we bet for value on the flop and didn't get raised then I'm still betting turn for value. Sizing can be a bit smaller, enough to charge new spade draws and will be to set up a shove on blank rivers.
As played the spade on the river brings in AsKs AsQs as well. I don't mind just calling now on the river hoping to see Ax. I'm not sure anything worse calls a raise.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a very dynamic board for a 3 way 3 bet pot. I would bet maybe 2/3 pot and expect to get at least 1 call.

That would then set up a reasonable turn shove.

If you lost the hand, it was an unfortunate cooler.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not a fan of how this one was played. We call a 3 bet because are trying to set mine and win stacks. We know that 1010 is not a fun hand to play post flop against two others so we take the low variance route and set mine. No problem whatsoever with that and it would be the same line I would take in game but if we are going to play that way and we hit a set that isnt a J109 all clubs board type flop then we need to be willing to go all the way with it unless we are seriuosly persuaded by one of our opponents not to.

On the flop the bet needs to be bigger. I would say no smaller than 16BB but if I was really on my game (damn sure havent been lately) I would be 21BB here so that if both players called then the turn we be a shove unless it is one of the death cards (K or Q). In game I probably would have gone around 18BB or so leaving (assuming two calls) a turn pot size of 82BB and an effective stack of 93BB. From there you could over jam it but I would probably go 45-50BB on the turn and then get the rest in on the river (nothing wrong with over betting there I just usually try and avoid it for some reason). The flop is too coordinated to bet small and entice others to stay in plus as it was already mentioned by others, Ax is calling here so we are missing value by betting so small.

As played the turn needs to be a bet as I am not sure why checking would be good there unless you really feel you are being trapped and I just dont see it with the action. Feels more like KK or QQ to me from the 3 betting SB. As played on the turn I would probably bet half pot or so which makes a river jam of about 3/4ths pot.

As played on the river I am torn here since I am not sure what hands will call a raise as some villains might be crazy enough to call a small raise if they have KK or QQ there but it is doubtful which makes me think at that point just call as you did and more than likely take the pot.

B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jam preflop.

When BB calls, he is unlikely to have a strong hand, so you are only worried about SB. TT is still likely stronger than most of SB's range and plays poorly postflop unless it hits a set or is a overpair; thus, you should jam.