$10 NLHE 6-max: AKo in SB

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian is 30/17 with a 3b of 7 over 64 hands. AF is 1.3 AFq is 31%
I think his 3bet calling range is probably 88+ AJs+ AQo+.
After the flop and turn play I can eliminate 88+ and so does betting turn and river actually make any sense?

poker stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1423100
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $4.93
MP: $15.78
CO: $22.02
BTN: $3.55
Hero (SB): $14.81
BB: $7.13

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K A
UTG calls $0.10, MP raises to $0.40, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.40, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, MP calls $1.10, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.60) 4 7 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($3.60) T (2 players)
Hero bets $2.99, MP calls $2.99

River: ($9.58) 5 (2 players)
Hero bets $5.60, MP folds

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah dunno why I checked the flop. At the time I was going for a c/r but in heinsight it's lucky I didn't as that would've been awful. Probably b/f flop would be my prefered line if I could play the hand again.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you go for a flop c/r on this board? I like betting the flop. As played just give up on the river as I don't think you're repping much and villain will bluff catch a lot of the time with all his pairs

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you go for a flop c/r on this board?
Dunno thats why I said in my second post i'm glad I didn't :p Being a passive player he's more likely to check back so he's not going to bet with missed over cards probably [hence a c/r would be bad].
I like betting the flop. As played just give up on the river as I don't think you're repping much and villain will bluff catch a lot of the time with all his pairs
I don't see any pairs in his range though thats why I bet. What combinations do you think he could have? Maybe ATs at a push.

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So are you trying to get AQ/AJ to call you on the river then?

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So are you trying to get AQ/AJ to call you on the river then?

Nah that's why I posted the hand. I literally think i'm ahead or chopping here 95% of the time (MAYBE he called pre with 88, unlikely though) so the only reason to bet is to stop us chopping. Is that a good enough reason to put 50BB in the middle?

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you eliminate 88+ because of the flop/turn play? He could just be a passive player playing cautiously

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you eliminate 88+ because of the flop/turn play? He could just be a passive player playing cautiously
Because I think sets and overpairs would have bet the flop. This player is pretty fishy, and would therefore follow the premis of "sets and overpairs are the nuts". When he fails to bet the flop after being checked to i'm assuming (maybe wrongly) he hasn't got sets or overpairs.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so would be betting the river for value or what

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cbet flop with your backdoor. Without it I think cbetting can be ok, but obv the looser someone is with peeling (within reason; if he calls with KQ then we can cbet for value, though that's not that common), the more we'll be c/f. As played, c/f turn always.

seriously, do some work with pokerazor or flopzilla or whatever in these spots. Break down his range, find out how often he actually has something worth continuing with, then analyze his range that way based on your assumptions.

Throwing around random numbers like these:

I literally think i'm ahead or chopping here 95% of the time

causes bad habits and avoids doing real work away from the table to actually get accurate.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This would be an interesting line with AA or vs. a thinking player.

I don't think c-r flop is terrible if you shove a turn spade.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so would be betting the river for value or what
Dunno that's why I posted the hand. The bet really didn't make too much sense and thought there were better lines or maybe better reasons to bet.

seriously, do some work with pokerazor or flopzilla or whatever in these spots. Break down his range, find out how often he actually has something worth continuing with, then analyze his range that way based on your assumptions.
Couldn't find it. Pokerazor seems to have been discontinued for now :confused: Ended up downloading CREV i'll give it a bash later.