$10 NLHE 6-max: AJ in 3bet pot UTGvsSB, flopped top pair. Missing value?

thepokerkid123

thepokerkid123

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 NL HE 6-max: AJ in 3bet pot UTGvsSB, flopped top pair. Missing value?

No reads and at the time I only had an 8 hand sample so stats don't mean anything.

This hand is an example of me being a wimp with AQ/AJ in 3bet pots.

Are my pot controlling ways justified or should I learn to extract value in spots like this?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($14.72)
SB ($9.89)
BB ($10.48)
Hero (UTG) ($14.64)
MP ($19.99)
CO ($10.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A
spade.gif
, J
diamond.gif

Hero bets $0.50, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.95) 3
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
, K
club.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95

Turn: ($3.85) 7
diamond.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.85) 4
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $3, Hero calls $3

Total pot: $9.85 | Rake: $0.65

In this hand I think the flop is unfoldable but at the same time I think I'm ahead as often as I'm behind at this point. How often do you think my hand is good here?

The main point of particular interest to me is the turn. I tend to check a lot on the turn and I'm thinking that here I really shouldn't have. He can't c/r and if he does I should be calling a shove (yes, no?). He will probably fold most of the time to a turn bet but if he will then I'm not getting any value out of him on the river unless his hand improves to better than mine, so I think I should take his turn check as waving the white flag and bet to get rid of whatever equity he may have in the pot.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold AJ pre here unless villian is a maniac tbh.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At these limits, I'm wayyy too loose. So I'm definitely making the call, seeing the flop and calling bb's bet. On the turn, yes, you should have bet. BB showed weakness by not betting it and at these limits it's unusual for anyone to be doing any kind of fancy plays.