$10 NLHE 6-max: 10nlz AQs in HJ facing squeeze

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
After the flop, are we just check calling? I'd check call the turn, decide on river.

Let me know if this was too nitty. TT isn't calling a river bet.

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 97.2 BB
SB: 121.5 BB
BB: 91.4 BB
UTG: 249.5 BB
Hero (MP): 100.5 BB
CO: 152.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:heart: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3.5 BB, fold, BTN calls 3.5 BB, fold, BB raises to 18.5 BB, Hero calls 15 BB, BTN calls 15 BB

Flop: (56 BB, 3 players) J:club: Q:diamond: 2:heart:
BB checks, Hero bets 20 BB, BTN calls 20 BB, fold

Turn: (96 BB, 2 players) K:heart:
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (96 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
Hero checks, BTN checks

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think post flop is fine on all 3 streets. I think there is an option to check the flop since we are only scared of one overcard in the king but at the same time we have top pair and if we can get one of the two villains to fold with a bet size of what you make it then we should be making that bet. The turn has to be the one overcard but its not a bad card at all. It gives us a straight draw and flush draw. I would be check calling in this spot and a check behind by villain is even better. I highly agree with the river check. We own a lot of the missed flush draws having the Ace and the Queen of hearts so I am thinking villain has either Kx here or they have something like Jx or a smaller pocket pair. We have showdown value here so I am checking as you did and then depending on sizing probably calling the villains river bet should they make one. I am not sure as you say, that 88-1010 or Jx calls here when we bet. I think we could bet small but it also could lead to a raise which puts us in a rough spot on the river. I like the check with the intention of calling better than a small bet there. I think you played this hand well post flop.

Pre flop I am not sure what I would do, depends on what the stats of the villain are. If villain is tight and nitty, I am probably folding this since it is such a big raise. The looser the stats are then I would be calling as you did.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
people generally 3bet high pocket pair or AT+ (some higher PFR might include lower kicker to isolate & play chicken headsup)
agree w/ the turn check b/c of the K, but IMO we can bet river 30-40bb for value & fold to a raise

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips

Pre flop I am not sure what I would do, depends on what the stats of the villain are. If villain is tight and nitty, I am probably folding this since it is such a big raise. The looser the stats are then I would be calling as you did.

As an UTG raiser I'd fold, but here I think a call is OK. I was also worried about that size, but you really have to to get folds at this stake with a squeeze.

Both V's are unknown- I don't have an active HUD on zoom :(